Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Papillote French Cuisine to Go

There is no problem finding Cajun and Creole grub all over Savannah's historic district... But finding a nice little Fronch cafe for a quick snack is a bit harder to do. The larger joints are more of an event and I didn't want to sit down and eat breakfast for over an hour. I just wanted a quick bite, to get the fuck in and get the fuck out fast... Cuz I got things to do and more grub to eat. I walked by this place and it looked like it had potential, so, I came back the next morning... Let's see what they got or will I be making a stop at McDonald's across the street...

Macarons. They got macarons... Made in house and looked pretty decent. I think these were the Nutella and Coconut. It's no Ladurée but not too bad at all. Nice crust and a bit gooey inside. Not too sweet and pretty good flavor overall.

Croque Madame. This is different... How they get that egg so perfectly thin, round and the yolk right in the center? I don't fucking know but I like it. That egg has a surface area bigger than most tiny homes. It's a cute presentation but let's get to the nuts and bolts... What the fuck is underneath it and inside it.... Time to do some surgery like in biology class.

The dissected frog... Looks pretty good. Underneath the egg, there was a layer of melted gruyere cheese on top of the bread. And inside had a decent portion of ham and Swiss cheese. The bread was buttered and grilled perfectly. This was a very respectable madame unlike some of the broads I have slayed in the past. I would eat this madame out again. 

Quiche Lorraine. Shit, I don't know how many quiche Lorraines I have made in the past when I was cooking but quiche ain't that difficult to make. This specimen was not too shabby. They premake them and hold them in the display case and then reheat them to order... Luckily, they made this batch about an hour ago so it was just a quick reheating without drying it out. The blind baked crust was thin but held together well. The filler mixture was plump but not dense. The ratio of meats, cheese, eggs and milk/cream was pretty much spot on. This was a very decent and tasty quiche.

Bloody hell... They just will not let me find any faults or mistakes in any of these classic frog dishes. Bastards. I have to make fun of something here... Ok, the dishes they used seemed like they got it at the Goodwill, cheap motherfuckers. So there. This is a nice little cafe with very decent French classics. I would come back here for a quick bite and another peek at the cute camel toe in the ultra tight yoga pants that served the pouch. Squirt.

218 W Broughton St
Savannah, GA 31401
912-232-1881
http://www.papillote-savannah.com/


1 comment:

Pinky said...

omg did you move to savannah?