Monday, December 28, 2015

Mrs. Wilkes Dining Room

This place gets a ton of old people because the hours are 11am-2pm weekdays only. Who the fuck has that time frame to eat here unless you're retired or have affluenza... The pouch played hookie and made it's way here. It's in a residential neighborhood area, so, if you don't pay attention you may miss it... I just looked for the fat old people standing in line, it's kinda like Ms. Piggy's dump, Lady & Sons. That is their demographics after all but I do like eating with old people, I just don't like cleaning up after them... They slobber a lot and fart at will. So why the fuck would I stand on a line at 10am to eat a supper buffet on a weekday? They got fwied cheekan... Supposedly, a damn fine specimen. Shit bro, you got me.
Once you get inside, it's all family style. There's a bunch of tables so they just put in any empty seat and start delivering food in mass quantities until you say uncle. Every classic dish that your southern hillbilly gam-gams and aunties have ever made is here... And they are fucking good. 

Fat ass load of food that never ends. You have to play that Thanksgiving game of passing plates and bowls around the table. I kept the entire platter of fried chicken next to me... If you want a piece, I will throw one at you but if you touch this plate, I will cut you, Blanche... What did you say? Shut your whore mouth. You'll get nothing and like it.

Look at this glorious plate of glowing golden fwied cheekan... This would be in the briefcase if I wrote the screen play to Pulp Fiction.

This is how the pouch does it, just load it the fuck up. So, how was that fried chicken everyone was talking about? It was damn good... Thin crispy crust, real nice crack to it and covered the entire piece of chicken. It wasn't greasy but it was real juicy on the inside. The seasoning was spot on and simple just salt and pepper. I didn't even put hot sauce on it. I would put this in my top 5 list... And being an AYCE fwied chicken on this level made it even better.

Banana Pudding ended the gluttonous feast. It looked like denture paste but it tasted pretty good.

The dining room... I sat at the first table since I was basically at the front of the line. I would definitely come back here again and the price of admission was only $20 cash total, just put some money in the tip basket on your way out. I like this place, it checks off all the boxes that you can ask for from an old school joint with that southern charm... And that fwied cheekan ain't too shabby, either.


Burp.

107 W Jones St
Savannah, GA 31401
912-232-5997
http://mrswilkes.com/

No comments: