Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Pete's Polar Parlor & Dog House

Tucked away in this dumpy Publix strip mall off Shallowford hides this relatively new hot dog joint. I came by after the shooting range because zombie control is quite taxing and I was famished. I wasn't in the mood for brains after that session, but I was craving some dogs. I really don't know what to think of this place. They look as confused as I was when I asked them about their "infamous" fried chicken dog. I had my heart and pouch set on it but they looked at me like I had my cock and balls out of my pants taking a breather. Some old broad (I assume one of the owners) finally stepped up to the plate and said they don't do the fried chicken dog anymore. You fucking suck. But I kept my cool and ordered my second favorite dog... The Chicago Dawg. Little did I know, they don't use the classic Vienna Beef hot dog. What. Da. Fuck. Yo.

No Vienna Beef frank in this Chi-dawg... They used the weak Red Hot which had this disgusting color to it like it has been sitting in tepid water for days. My buddy who got two regular Red Hots had this bright pinkish color to it that looked 100x healthier than mine. I don't like Red Hot boiled, I prefer it grilled because there is no snap to the casing. They told me they coulda grilled if I asked for it... Ok, thanks for the heads up after the fact. That's like Popeyes asking me if I want the chicken fried. This Chi-dawg had all the fixin's of a real one except the dog inside it... If you don't know the history of Red Hots, it was a family member from Vienna Beef that stole the recipe and went out on his own. He also claims that Red Hot had generations of traditions which is Vienna's history. So, I have a fraction of resentment for this dog. Bottomline: It was a weak Chi-dawg at the end of the day. The fries were garbage.

Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream. This wasn't bad. At least it wasn't some nasty dye they add in to make it blue or some shit, it actually had bits of blueberry in it. I tried a couple other flavors and they were decent.

I don't know what to tell ya... It's a sweet mom & pop shop but the hot dogs were forgettable but their ice cream were acceptable. Been there, ate that. I won't be back, but good luck, though! Here's a tip, get rid of the shitty hot dogs and stick with just the ice creams. Don't serve shit that you won't eat yourself in your own shop.

*Sigh*

No Rating.

2566 Shallowford Road Northeast #110
Atlanta, GA 30345
(404) 982-0505
http://petespolarparlor.com/Petes_Polar_Parlor/Welcome.html

1 comment:

palermillo said...

I wont be visiting d dawg house any time soon, but thanks for such a funny review (I know, d dawg experience was bad)...got your point...Stick to da mothafuka flied chikan!!!