Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Luke's Lobster

Ed's Lobster Bar has been my favorite in NYC... Along with Pearl's, Mary's, Mermaid Inn's. Luke's was always that latchkey kid in tow. But it's been awhile since I last visited the original location, so who knows, maybe Luke grew up. Let's go say hello... I hope that douche, Lionel Richie, isn't in there because he isn't what I'm looking fo'.

I want me some lobsta rolls...

What to get, what to get... So many choices, so difficult. Maybe a sampler is the way to go...

TASTE OF MAINE - Half lobster roll, half crab roll, half shrimp roll w/ soda, chips & a pickle. 
It's a fucking wet dream come true... besides the one I had last night. Don't fucking hate, bro, I was FUBAR'd. Look at that bitch, it's got everything you want for $20! You can't even get a decent 3" lobster roll in ATL for under $21... And it comes with nothing. Fuck that noise.

Another look at the goods. Lobster was definitely the winner of the bunch. Dressed lightly and the meat was sweet. The shrimp were small and just ok, the top split bun made it better. The crab had a hefty amount of crabmeat but they were more stringy than lumpy. If it was lump meat, fuck me, that would be a whole different story. The Cape Cod kettle chips and the Ginger Brew is a must with any seafood roll. This shit hit da spot, yo.

Hello, my baybee! Hello, my honey! Hello, my rag time lobster fisherman... Don't trust a dancing Gorton's Fisherman. Because fishermen don't fucking dance.

Hipsters hard at work... Imagine that. Are they stroking themselves or making the dressing? I can't tell, I'ma skeered!

Luke's is still pretty good but Ed's Lobster Bar is still my favorite. The sampler thinger is a great deal not only in NYC but anywhere in the country. But next time I would just stick with the whole lobster roll. There's a bunch of locations to get your LR fix but I'm a bit partial to the original location... It has personality and charm in a space the size of my bathroom.

Pump pump burp.

2 Stars.

93 E 7th St # A
New York, NY
(212) 387-8487
http://www.lukeslobster.com/

No comments: