Monday, January 26, 2009

Sweet Southern

My eyes almost bugged out like Doug Quaid in Total Recall... when I saw Asians manning the helm of this Titanic, I wanted to get my ass to Mars.

What cuisine aren't the Orientals involved in? And I thought pizza was bad enough... But this has to take the cake. Southern cuisine? One can only ponder what this train wreck would taste like. Of course, y'all know that I would step up to the plate and take one for the team. It ain't easy being Gastro... *sigh*

It's hard to give them the Gastro Donkey Punch because they were just so darn sweet and fwendly... So this is my pouch talking. It's basically a school cafeteria with all your standard southern greatest hits. One thing about southern food, you either have Soul or you don't, Man... Bronzing pills ain't gonna cut it. Unless, you want to apply to Harvard Law as a minority.

I went for the Litmus test...

Fwied chicken - Bweaded and fwied chicken bweast... from 2 hours ago. Eh.
Collards - Could use ham hocks or anything with swine but it was ok.
Mac n cheez - Once word... "Kroger"
Corn bwead - One word... "Jiffy"

Ha ha ha, you think this is the real southern grub...?

IT ISN'T!

Get your ass to Midtown.

2.5 Stars

5450 Peachtree Parkway
8D
Norcross, GA 30092
(770) 729-5086

No comments: