Thursday, January 8, 2009

Nak Dong Gang - Korean Duck Restaurant

How can you go wrong with a resto with "Dong" and "Gang" in it...

This new Korean Duck resto sits alone as it was ostracized in a new strip mall in upstate Buford Hwy with very little traffic. It's been empty the couple times I passed by here. Not much to grub except Cafe Maum, Four Seasons Bar and some wacky women's spa. The menu here is sparse and some entrees grazes the $50 mark.

Banchan - Decent variety of side dishes... Just lacking the usual flavors found at most Korean joints.

Fan Grilled Duck - I think I got Long Duck "Donged"... For $18, I coulda got a whole roasted duck at Ming's. All I got was a side salad sized plate of duck fat with the same amount of meat from a quail. Grilling it only made the meat tougher and the fat gooey. This was no sexy American girlfwend... Just a Lumberjack in disguise.

Duck Stew - I rather get "Gang" banged than order this again flavorless soup again. A few scraps of Daffy here and there. I know bones are a key part of making a great stew/soup but do you have to fill the hotpot with a concentration camp of yardbirds?

This meal was unremarkable. Will this ugly duckling mature into a graceful swan? I hope so... But as for now this homely fowl with be picking up the rear or taking it up the rear.
Now... Dong, where is my auto-mobile?

2.5 Stars.

Meh.

7130 Buford Hwy NE
Doraville, GA 30340
(770) 242-0201

No comments: