Monday, January 26, 2009

La Parilla

They should just rename it to... La Pariah.

The key to eating here can be summed up in one word: Booze.
And a lot of it, doesn't matter if it's a prickly pear or guava margarita, just slam it and all's well.

A little piece of suburbia comes into town and who woulda figured it'd do so well? In this depwessed economy, cheap comfort cuisine such this is king... Hell, I felt like a king after eating here because I headed straight home to my throne. Sometimes, it's not that good to be the king.

This menu is longer than the unemployment line but they get your food out in split second timing... So much I can say for my food stamps/welfare checks. The food is so dumbed down, it should really be called Mexican't comidas. When and how did the cheeseburger become a "Traditional Mexican Dish"? I think someone switched out the mayo for some yayo out back... Cuckoo cuckoo. The grub here is a study in pure sloppishness but the food runners are pure talent... Limbs stretched out like Armstrong and plates piled on one another like dominoes.

Guacamole Salad - Ubiquitous mattress of shredded transparent iceberg lettuce, salsa, a spinach leaf and a plop of Sysco's finest gween ectoplasm. Slimer wouldn't touch this stuff. Meh.

#20 - One chile relleno, one taco, mexican rice, mexi-beans... Talk about muddin'. Looks like they scooped this dish from Grave Digger's tire treads. You pay for the whole seat but you only need the edge! Flush.

#25 - One chalupa, one taco, one tostada... This slop gives a whole new meaning to "Drop the Chalupa"! And hombre, did I ever... Splash.

My friend asked me if I wanted a to-go menu... Screw the menu, I just want to-go, ahora.

Even though the food are for outcasts... You won't spy Andre or Big Boi noshing here, even in disguise. I'm sorry Ms. Jackson, I am for real...

Next!

1801 Howell Mill Rd
Ste 420
Atlanta, GA 30318
(404) 603-9091

No comments: