Monday, January 26, 2009

Goodfella's Pizza & Wings


Play-Doh!
WTF? Looks like Rambo's back...

Folding this was like parting the Red Sea.

WTF is this crap? Is the grub in this joint in some witness protection program?

I felt like Henry Hill... He ordered some spaghetti with marinara sauce, and got egg noodles and ketchup. I ordered a slice with cheese, and I got Wonder bread, Kraft cheez and FMV ketchup. And at $3.25 a slice, I told the Mama-San this better be one friggin incredible slice like in NYC. Her response... "Better than Lombardi's". What am I? A clown? Here to amuse you? Her henchmen, from straight outta Compton, were Nasty With Attitude proceeded to run my "NYC slice" through a.... A CONVEYOR BELT!

Tossed into a styrofoam box... This Play-Doh in a pan had absolutely no char, canned sauce so sweet I almost turned diabetic and cheez so thick it tasted like Polly-O stwing cheez in tepid water. I spied many a pie pan doused liberally with gweeze spray and marched through their belt oven from Auschwitz. Those pies died a horrific death... as I did after eating half of this slop.

Don't think I'm being harsh but instead, offering my opinion on this fraud. If I was gonna break your balls, I'd tell you to go home and get your shine box.

Go home and get your fucking shine box.

No Stars.

615 Spring St
Atlanta, GA 30308
(404) 347-7227

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just realized while driving over to Cypress last night that we haven't tried this place yet. Perhaps for the better ha?

On a marginally related note, for lunch yesterday had pizza with egg cooked over the top at Baraonda. This is such a good idea.

dannyatl said...

This place is not as bad as you say. me and my wife differ. Ok there slices are not New York style but there damm good. I would say Chicago style slices. There Phillys and Pies are off the chain. The Best downtown anyways. Shit there food destroys J.R crickets and Rays Pizza thats for sure.

Unknown said...

When this place first opened, i thought it was alright. Then out of no where, they started slacking. The cashiers look like their home from juvenile jail, with lousy service. The wings look like they got them from a malnourished bird. Advice..... spend your money elsewhere!

Mike said...

I cannot believe i just read a negative comment about the wings. Someone needs to enlighten me on this. I work at the bank of America Building for 5 years and I love wings, so i have been eaten at JR Crickets for 5 years, Until goodfellas opened. Now I eat there EVERY OTHER DAY. Small wings, maybe someone was looking down when there wrote there comment. Small w/ no meat is not at Goodfellas. Service is Good, Thank You.