Monday, February 9, 2009

Delicious Kabob Chinese Restaurant

My phone starts buzzing in the middle of the afternoon... Non stop. I look at it... It's my good pal Blissful Glutton (she prefers "lap" tho). She starts yapping like a Yenta about some lamb and it's cumming. I ain't into bestiality. I'm like, wimman... You. Must. Chill. Speak Engrish because I don't understand that Yiddish you chosen people speak.

She catches her bweath and tells me to run, don't walk... To this new Chino joint. So, this fraudie, I mean foodie... Had to investigate. I walk in about 5:30pm and my friggin phone starts ringing again... Well, if it isn't the motherly BG. I'm trying to look thru the menu and listen to her telling me what to order at the same time. I gave in... Yes, mom.

Ok, here's the run down since I didn't want to double up on what she tried... But I did anyways on a couple dishes.

Lamb Kabobs- Cummin seeds explode in your mouth like fireworks. Tender, smokey, bits of char and defined flavors. BG's text to me "SO FU*KING GOOD". Nuff said.

Chicken Stomach Kabobs- Ok, this ain't for the roundeyes even if they have a Chinese stomach. Same great flavors as the lamb but it's offal... This is definitely an acquired taste if you never had innards like stomach, gizzard, heart, liver, uterus, balls or wangs. It wasn't awful.

Szechuan Crispy Beef- Thinly shaved beef battered and fried to a heavenly crisp w/ whole chili peppers and cilantro. Delish but could use some more "ma la".

Tofu Skin w/ Peppers- This is like Chinese pappardelle, tofu style with green peppers and pork in a light sauce. Didn't looked that appetizing at first but I couldn't stop eating it... Down pouch!

Guo Bao Pork- Fried pork cutlets in a sweet brown sauce. Seems very Americanized but it's Chino all the way. You whities will love it!

I hate it every time BG calls me out of the blue and tells me about a great place because she knows I can't resist stuffing my fat buddha every chance I get, even if it's in a shady strip mall. At least the Doraville PD is around the corner, just don't try to hump their car window like a dog... Like I said before, I ain't into bestiality.

BG is an enabler.

3.5 Stars but much more to explore.

Burp.

3640 Shallowford Road
Atlanta, GA 30340
(770) 457-4948

No comments: