Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Pan American Bakery

This hole in the wall has been around for about 186 years. Whities would never go unless someone of good repute told them to. As I remembered, they had the best Cuban sandwiches in town. It's all about the bread. And they bake their own bread in house and most people don't know that their bread make their way to a lot of other restos in town. It's been awhile since I stopped by... Let's see what's shaking up in this piece.

Pastelito con guayaba y queso. Dude, this shit was guud back then and it's the shit now. I had to get 3 just to make sure I wasn't dreaming. Don't stare at that hole for too long or else you might pull an American Pie. Fuck, I hope they don't fill the creamy queso that way... I wouldn't care if they did, just tell me if I get any jizz on my chin.

Pastelito con carne. Ball sack filled with meat and love to share... I always try to live by those words when I pick up some strange in the bathroom at some club.

Cubano. I can't believe they jacked up the price to a whole $5! Fiddy cent in my day could buy a small horse and some farm equipment. After charging $4.50 for years this is almost scandalous if it weren't for how fucking good these breaded meat flaps are. Shit was great back then, it's still great now. I wanted to get another one but then it would lead to a third. I even thought about getting 2 more to go and freeze them like how I did with BK Whoppers when they were $1 back in my college days... Yeah, that was ghetto as shit but so what. Let's just say Mr. Microwave was not kind to Mr. Ketchup and Mr. Mayo. Maybe I should just leave before I embarrass the pouch.

 Support this place so it will be around for another 20 years. Go now motherfuckers.

Burp.

3671 Clairmont Rd.
Chamblee, GA 30341
770-457-2172 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Finally....maybe these guys will get some love through the food writers grapevine...probably the best quality for value deal of the year for me.....and this is the best Cuban in the South outside of Florida.....and it is f'''n better than any I can remember from when I lived there(never ate one in Miami)....but hopefully not all the dooflunkies find out and create a line like at the shithole Heirloom Market.