Thursday, July 11, 2013

One Eared Stag - Lunch Edition

I rarely eat lunch on the week days because I'm usually busting my ass making a living and working like a dog. But sometimes the Gods bless me with some time off so I can stuff my fat face. When I get a chance like this once in a blue moon, I ain't wasting it on shitty food. Where to go, where to go... Fuck me, the answer was there right under my muffin top. OES! Let's go take a quick bite and see what trust fund babies eat during lunch time.

Crab Gazpacho and Onion Rings. They make a tasty gazpacho and it's silky smooth going down your throat. The onion rings were crispy and just the right size, I hate places that does the giant rings that you can't even fit in your mouth and the hard crust cuts into your gums and shit... But I've seen some chicks gobble them up like pythons, they say it's all about throat control and jaw articulation.

Hot Cheekan. Nice presentation and the color of the chicken suggests it's spicy but it's a sheep in wolf's clothing. It was not as hot as it should be and the small thigh portion was kind of a bummer. Nashville doesn't mess around with portion vs price, it's twice the size and half the price. Overall, it does the job but after a few times of getting suckered into this dish by my pouch, I think I've had enough.

Poutine. I lurv me some poutine. But this version is a bit different, as it should be when you dine here. The "gravy and cheese" is thinly applied and has this vinegary hint to it... Don't know if I like it this way as much but I like the poached egg on top. I don't know if it does anything to enhance this dish but I would eat a poached egg if it was on top of a pile of steaming hot cow patties. I would.

What I like best about this place is that the menu is ever evolving, there's always something new to try. While it does it's best with experimentation, sometimes these science projects blow up in there face. So, read the menu carefully before you order, it might not be what you expected... But for me, I'll eat anything here because the shit is good.

Burp.

1029 Edgewood Ave.
Atlanta, GA 30307
404-525-4479
http://www.oneearedstag.com/

2 comments:

Josh said...

You have at least one reader -- stay on the grind.

Pinky said...

Two.