Thursday, October 23, 2008

Luna Nueva

I really like this space but it's been cursed from the beginning. La Fonda, Miro's Garden and now this Mexi-joint.

Did Dr. Herbert West dig up this grave to Re-animate? I have no idea if the owner is a Doctor or just a Demento, but is it a good thing to open up so close to Halloween and without any publicity? I hope they didn't put the headstone in storage yet.

Not much has changed in decor since Miro's... except that they don't have a liquor license (where's that stake?) . The menu looked promising until I asked the server what kind of tortilla they used- corn or flour. She said "I don't know but it ain't the crunchy kind!".

WTF? Cuckooooo...

Chips and Salsa - Not too bad but the salsa was orange... And yet I strangely liked it. Kinda reminded me like Marie Sharp's Habanero sauce or Goo Gone.

Tacos - Chicken, beef and pork... All shredded like confetti, dry and tasteless. The corn tortillas were greasier than a Dirty Sanchez and fell apart like a pinata. The only difference is that it wasn't filled with yum yums for your mouth. The salsa verde was too watery and barely made the mystery meats any better.

Sampler of the same bland mystery meats in dusty old flour tortilla:

Quesadilla (chix), why is there cheddar in there? And why is it buried under a pound of spanglish wice? This shoulda been buried six feet under.

Enchilada (pork), tasted like an open-end frozen burrito. Thanks Old El Paso... I'll Pass-o.

Chile Relleno (beef), a sad deflated specimen now just a study in moppishness. The batter was thin and soggy, the poblano pepper was even thinner and the cheese/meat was abducted by aliens.

Spanish Rice - Just call it Spanglish Wice because it was a San Francisco tweat. Who knew rice from a box could be so dry and bland.

I was tempted to try the churros but after that train wreck of a meal, it would just be insult to injury to my stomach.

Someone slap me... I must be having a nightmare. I rather take Fenton's Reagent than Dr. West's Green Reagent Serum for this industrial waste.

Splash.

1150 Euclid Ave NE
Atlanta, GA 30307

1 comment:

Luna Nueva said...

Luna has had a lot of support and praise from customers in the months since first opening. We have been working very hard to train our staff in the art of hospitality as well as the intricacies of the Mexican cuisine. I hope you have an opportunity to stop by some other time and give us your feedback. There were some kinks upon first opening which we tried ourbest to recitify right there on the spot. I am sorry that we weren't able to satisfy you, however, we have had many, many good reviews from our customers since and we are striving to provide quality and authenticity. Best regards.