Thursday, October 30, 2008

Barker's Red Hots


I'm wondering if the owner is named Bob... Because the price is wrong bitch. Even though the grub was tastee, I don't know if I want to spend $12 for 1 Red Hot (more like Pink Warm), 1 Weck (Not a total Wreck) and 1 MoonPie (Mmmm, Pie)... Again.

I'm not bashing the place but actually enjoyed it. The owners/staff were very friendly which made shelling out over 10 clams for processed meat a lil bit more comforting. It is very clean (proudly displayed 100 point report on the wall) and quality of ingredients looked fresh.

Red Hot - While the mystery meat was good, the preparation was ok. They didn't cook it long enough to give it that char and flavor of the coals. It was warm through but not very juicy. Not bad but I prefer a nice snap of a natural casing.

Grilled Flank Steak on Weck - This was tasty and a decent imitation of a true Beef on Weck. The flank steak was tender but a little too thick... Just stick with a good, juicy and thinly sliced roast beef. The Kummelweck roll on the other hand nailed it, it was a tasty balance of caraway seeds, kosher salt (pretzel salt preferred) and horseradish. A bit pricey for meat, bwead and a tiny pickle. Oh, well... It's for a good cause, my belly.

MoonPie - Enough said... Yum.

I like this joint and will support them when I'm in the area... Otherwise, I'll stick with Nathan's. I second what Ivan mentioned, Papaya King can't be beat.

Burp.

3000 Windy Hill Rd
Ste B-6
Marietta, GA 30067
(770) 272-0407

No comments: