Monday, June 4, 2012

Carver's Country Kitchen

This place is an absolute dump... Inside and out. And located in one of the armpits of the city. But, boy, do I love this shithole. Oh, they're not trying to impress anybody with their lack of decor, fashion sense or taste... Nor is their food fancy or prepared with proper culinary techniques in any way, shape or form. But their chow is just down right homey and good (might not be good for you, though or your bowels), plain and simple. I stop in every once in a while to see what they're up to and it's pretty much consistent every time. I even saw a couple popular local hero worship chefs incognito stuffing their snouts on two giant ass plates of fried chicken (mebbe for research on an upcoming cheekan spot?)... And then tried to hug me with their gweezy meathooks. Get off me, homes!

Wait a minute... Did someone say fwied chicken? Those bitches better not have eaten it all or else I'm gonna have to go Delta Burke all up in this piece.

Me fail English? That's unpossible!


Fried Chicken, Hash Brown Casserole, Mac & Cheese, Jalapeno Cornbwead. One of my favorite fried cheekanz in this town, crispy and greasy like your mother clucker last night. Love the hash brown casserole, just remember to wipe your brown eye twice. Decent ghetto style mac n cheez makes me wanna slap a ho. Jap bwead was alright, ain't gonna start a civil war or nuthin'.

Ham Special of the Day, Broccoli Souffle, Green Beans, Biscuit. Ham is salty but shit, this was really salty. Broccoli souffle will stick to your ribs the rest of the day and to your ass for the rest of the year. Biscuit was soft and pillowy, you'll want to rest your balls on it... Balls of your feet. C'mon, now.

This out house is an Atlanta institution... And always will be even without Robert Carver who passed away in March.The service is great, super attentive and nice... I don't know how many gallons of super sweet HFCS tea I can drink, so stop refilling my 32oz'er for crying out loud, stop trying to make me fat. Where's Bloomberg when you need him? Just like a cop. The food is old school country cooking and you will love it even when it's bad... Like sex with a fat chick on a single size air mattress... In a kiddie pool. Did I say that out loud? Nevermind.

Squirt.

2 Stars.

1118 West Marietta Street NW 
Atlanta, GA 30318
(404) 794-4410
http://www.carverscountrykitchen.com/

No comments: