Sunday, June 3, 2012

Caribbean Chicken and Fish

Hole in the wall dumps are some of my favorite places to eat. I mean, it's an adventure every time, a triple dog dare. You can get the shits for 2 days or it can be one of the best home cooked meals ever. The bright red brick out house style shack and the sign on the side caught my eyeballs and I got that pouch feeling that I haven't felt in a long time. I think this stop may pay off... Let's see if the pouch is still as accurate as ever.


 You had me at Chicken, Jerk... 


Jerk Chicken and Goat Curry Combo Meal. And a meal it was, it was like 3 lbs of grub for $12. A foundation of rice & beans and pick as many sides as you want. They want you taste everything they have to offer (mac n cheez, plantains, sweet yams, cabbage, etc). Goat curry was full of wonderful flavors and just the right spices. Jerk chicken was smoked all morning and rough chopped, excellent jerk seasoning, flavors and just the right spice. Just be careful of the bits of bone because you will want to just inhale it all in 3 bites.


 Jerk Chicken Wangz. Made to order, deep fried then coated with jerk sauce and smoked. It's worth the wait. So good.


Beef Patty. Hand made in house. They just put in a new batch in the oven and had to wait 25 minutes. It was totally worth it. One of the best beef patties I had ever had. Super flaky crust and ground beef was spiced perfectly. I shoulda bought the entire lot home and froze them.

Great little family run shack, super nice owners and wonderful Caribbean grub and flavors. Love this dump. Still craving more of that damn beef patty.

Pumps and squirts all around.

2.5 Stars.

3358 E. Ponce De Leon Ave
Scottdale, GA 300878 
(770) 708-7005

No comments: