Monday, June 4, 2012

One Eared Stag

There's never a day that goes by that I don't crave Popeyes (that shit is like cheekan crack). My craving has even given me super human strength once that I broke the door right off the hinges of the long shuttered Popeyes on Buford Highway (RIP). They were so fucking pissed off at me while I still proceeded to order a 10 pc box, I hope that wasn't the reason why they shut down shop... But anyways, I didn't want any trouble on the first night of the week, so, where can I go to get my fix? Aaahh, One Eared Stag fried chicken night that happens to be on a Monday, too! Score, bitches. I have had their cheekan a couple of other times and there were both pretty good and acceptable but it didn't blow me away. So, I made another visit just for the chicken... Can they wow me since the last time? We shall see... But there was no way I can only order the yardbird. Who am I kidding...

 Gazpacho with crab. Yeah, it's just a nice and refreshing summer-esque soup. Like it a lot.


 Tongue Terrine Reuben Style. OES loves tongue and I love places that tongue me in all sorts of ways. This is a nice different take on a classic terrine. Most people will hate this but I liked this dish.


Monday Night Fried Chicken. This fried chicken gets better and better every time I have it. It is not over-seasoned and doesn't taste like a block of salt lick. It is brined nicely, tossed in seasoned flour and fried perfectly (not burnt or heavily browned). This is one of the best fried chicken in the city. Super crispy crust with a beautiful golden color all around and just the right balance of juicy-ness and flavor inside. Love this chicken. Is it better than Popeyes... Cmon, stop teasing. But this is a very good fried chicken. 

I gotta give them another half star. They deserve it on this last visit. Still one of my favorite resto in this city.

3.5 Stars.

1029 Edgewood Ave
Atlanta, GA 30307
(404) 525-4479http://oneearedstag.com/

No comments: