Wednesday, September 4, 2013

1Kept Revisit

I was pleasantly surprised by all the meals I have had here in the past... So, it's about time to check on them again. It's been awhile since I last visited, so, let's see what's new here.

Deviled Quail Eggs, bacon jam, argula, lemon vinaigrette. Always a party favor favorite with the crowd. These go down way too fast and easy. Oink.

Warm Kale Salad, chorizo, quinoa, garlic. Might be one of the handful of salads that I actually enjoy eating but the kale needed to be wilted a bit more. It was too crunchy... But that's what ruffage is I suppose. Hell, they got that great wood burning oven, just shove it in there for like 10 seconds and boom.

Bacon, Mushroom, Kielbasa, smoked provolone, sweet tomato sauce. Oh yeah, done and done. Gobbled the shit outta this. Ah, you would too if you had this in your piehole.

Duck Prosciutto, sweet grilled peach chutney, serrano peppers, gorgonzola. Great idea for a flatbread but the gorgonzola was over powering the rest of the ingredients. I really like gorgonzola but lighten it up a bit and it would be great because the duck prosciutto is what I want to shine the most.

Short Rib Risotto, wild mushrooms, carrots, crispy shallots. I don't remember much of this dish because I inhaled this... It was that tasty or maybe I was just hungry. Get it.

Grilled Filet of Ribeye, flash fried herb scalloped potato slices, roasted baby onion bulbs, cabernet sauce. Ribeye cooked as expected, mid rare... Charred nicely outside and juicy tender inside. Cab sauce was nice but a tad too reduced. The scalloped potato were the weak item on this dish, they were a little greasy and limp and needed seasoning. But the protein is the real star of the dish so the taters were just a side note.

Seared Scallops, corn risotto, sweet truffle corn puree, wild mushrooms. One of the best dishes here. Scallop seared perfectly on the outside and toothy tender inside. The corn risotto was great as the first time I had it. Just a great simple flavorful dish. Get it.

Schnitzel, Pink Potato Gnocchi, caramelized onion cream, braised cabbage, crispy guanciale. I love schnitzel and this didn't disappoint. Perfectly fried and a very hefty portion great for sharing. The only thing it needed more was the pink potato gnocchi because there were like 3 bites of it... C'mon, stop teasing me.

Bucatini, green peas, bacon, 3 minute egg yolk, lomo chip cream sauce. A cute play off the favorite carbonara. Pasta was spot on, al dente minus, unbroken egg yolk always a necessary liaison to bind the entire dish together. Loved this dish, they need to up the portion size because I'm a fat fuck and ate the entire thing in 4 bites and licked the plate clean.

Then the desserts came... As everyone knows, I'm not a sweet tooth kinda person but I had a couple bites of each. All were sweet like how desserts should be... And pretty tasty as evident by the emptied dishes.

Looks like a mini edible Noah's ark with tasty creastures on board. Jack ain't got shit on this, I'm the king of the world!

Who wants some of this sweet orgy in their mouth? This is my kinda crap in a bowl... Or is that 2 craps and 1 bowl? Hmmm...

More mouth sex in a bowl... Slurp.


All my experiences here were very consistent and executed well... And it hasn't changed. This is a good reliable joint if you want good grub and cocktails and not have to worry about it.
Go now.

2293 Peachtree Rd NE
Atlanta, GA 30309
(404) 254-1973
http://1kept.com/

No comments: