Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Mirch Masala

Indian restos are not exactly appetizing visually, the decor is like your grandmother's crib, stuck somewhere between the '70's and '80's. It's cornier than those grainy Bollywood music videos that only Michael Jackson could love. But the aroma of spices in the air reminded me of every Indian household I have ever been in (whom were all here chowing down) and this is why I'm here... It ain't an easy job but someone's gotta do it.

True... they have an a la carte menu as well as a buffet. So, Gastro had to sneak a peek at what was hovering over them steam tables. They had me at curry goat. Hell, I figured I can always order off the menu if that mutton was nuthin. Surprisingly, everything was purdee tastee but the heat was a bit dumb down for it t'was for the masses. The tandoori chicken was the only thing subjected to the curse of the steam tray... Sitting out without liquid for that amount of time is torture to one's flesh.

The naan on the other hand was friggin-licious. I turned my garlic naan into an Indian pizza. It's easy... 1) Cut the naan into slices. 2) Put your meat on the naan. 3) Fold up the naan. Enjoy!

Biru, our server/host was da bomb... He didn't pimp that mango lassi crap like Mirza at Panahar. He also said to hold off on ordering apps off the menu and try the buffet instead because it would fill me up. Who da fuk does that in this day in age? He is not only a gentleman but also a scholar... And now my bro.

I rubbed my pouch as I waddled towards the door and rubbed the breasteses of the golden goddesses as I exited in hopes for some enlightenment from the Kama Sutra. But sadly, the only thing bloated that night was my pouch.

3.5 Stars.

Burp!

1713 Church St
Decatur, GA 30033
(404) 296-9999

No comments: