Thursday, September 25, 2008

Top Flr

Sometimes, ugly babies do grow up looking purdy guud... mebbe except for Rocky Dennis.

Time did heal Top Flr after all! Especially the grub here. I was pleasantly surprised to see another friend of mine cooking here when I walked in. I had a good feeling the grub would be totally different this time and it was... not that Mike Schorn didn't put out tasty grub, he just couldn't do it solo in a full house.

The pappardelle with duck confit was verra tastee. The wide thin pasta was cooked perfectly... I call it "al dentata" because it had a bit of tooth to it. The duck confit was plentiful as were the shaved parmesan... hey, who doesn't like it shaved? Just a very solid dish. Yum.

I was told the chorizo pizza was a must try... even though everyone knows I prefer NYC style 'ZA, but this was decent. The ingredients were good but the meats was just a tad dried out under the heat. The dough was fluffy as a cloud... the Care Bears would love it.

I do like being on Top but I think I prefer to stay on the Bottom at this joint... The new bar/room is so chic and the dwinks come out full and cold and the gwub comes out nice and hot.

Burp!

674 Myrtle St NE
Atlanta, GA 30308
(404) 685-3110

No comments: