Thursday, September 25, 2008

Pollo Brassa

Oh, there's definitely yardbirds here... But it ain't Peruvian style. Hell, it ain't even Puerto Rican style.

I was excited to see something "ethnic" go into the old Giorgio's Pizzeria spot but I was quickly deflated when I noticed they spelled "Brassa" instead of Brasa. I knew the jig was up when the entire staff were all from lower Chattanooga... aka Causasians. And the "rotisserie" was filled with nothing... No smell of Smoke, Fire or Chicken. Just a small pile of tinder laying on the ground or was it their kid's Lincoln Logs. Where am I???!!! But situations like this never gets between Gastro and ghetto pigeons in his belly...

Very simple menu of whole, half, quarter chicken, chicken sammies, salads and sides.

The roasted chicken was white but kinda dry, zero flavor/spice/zest, flappy old skin and greezy bottom. Eh, looks like some old bird you find at a nursing home. It just seemed like it was yesterday's leftovers (no wonder the rotisserie wasn't running). It came with some yellowish mayo smegma that had absolutely zero taste... why?

Chicken Salad sammie was Aldi's finest. This scoop of bland white mess was pulverized to the Point of No Return. I had spicier vanilla ice cream. I couldn't tell if there were any meat between the buns... kinda like the girl in front of me. I shoulda known better to order the same thing from a broad who looked like Bridget Fonda... right down to the chicken legs. Oy.

Peruvian Corn tasted fresh... from a can with a couple pinches of Old Bay. I have seen bigger corn kernels on a foot. I shoulda left this "side" item on the side of the road to die. The portion was even more pathetic... 1 full tablespoon. When did canned corn become pricier than gas?

Yuca Fwies were more like fwied cubes. But I must admit they were crispy and tender inside but bland. I can ring out more flavor from an old geezer's sock.

Yellow Rice tasted like it came outta the Yellow River... wet, overcooked to mush, green peas only Linda Blair could love. This is one for the denture crew.

Fwesh Handcut Fwies might had been hand cut but it was oily and limp like a seagull after the Exxon Valdez spill. Guess they missed frying 101.

Given that they are brand spanking new and very nice... another trip is required (b/c I stole some coupons behind the counter). But based on mere first impressions, they are not going for authenticity but more for the chicken heads in that area with pedestrian palates.

2.5 stars.

Cuckoo Cuckoo!

857 Collier Rd
Atlanta, GA 30318
(404) 350-0105

No comments: