Thursday, September 18, 2008

Hemingway's Tropical Bar and Grill

Dear Ernie...

"We all ought to make sacrifices for literature. Look at me. I'm going to Hemingway's without a protest. All for literature."
... And literature was the Bulldogs.

"Never write about a place until you're away from it, because that gives you perspective"
... I have never been more perspective in my life since I left.

"Fear of death increases in exact proportion to increase in wealth."
... In this case, wealth is every mile further away from midtown.

"About morals, I know only that what is moral is what you feel good after and what is immoral is what you feel bad after."
... And this joint has no morals, especially for my bowels.

True to it's name, Scarietta Square is proof positive that senior citizens to Emos can live in hellacious harmony. Hell, I would be emotionally depwessed as well if I lived here. This joint spews not one ounce of literary prowess but instead gallons of Mad Libs spooge. Walking down to the basement bathroom makes me want to place lotion on it's skin in fear of getting the hose again. Was it a coincidence that Lynyrd Skynyrd was playing in the background...

Ooh, ooh that smell
Can't you smell that smell?
Ooh, ooh that smell
The smell of spunk surrounds you.

They proudly state, "You may find that the spirit of Hemingway permeates the environment... in an enchanting Key West atmosphere."
... The only thing that permeates the environment here is the enchanting stench of hamster vomit from the basement since 1993.

"The world is a fine place and worth fighting for and I hate very much to leave it."
... To Hemingway's, I have four words: A Farewell to Arms.

Abercrombie & Fitch's shotgun goes...

BOO-YA!!!

29 W Park Sq NE
Marietta, GA 30060
(770) 427-5445

No comments: