Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The Vinings Fish Company

One can only wonder why, The Burger Club, didn't work out during the great orgy of the burger debauchery of yesteryear like dogs in heat. I mean everyone was inhaling any and all available man meat like the heydays of Backstreet. But then BC quietly had a sex change and emerged as a seafood joint. It just seems like they don't know what they want to be. Are they doing a tucky? Turn around and bend over, is there a fruit basket back there? But seriously, can a seafood joint work not only way inland but also way out in Vinings as well? Let's get our fishing gear and see what we catch... It's ok, I got Valtrex just in case.

(Hushpuppies - Dericious dog balls)

Hush Puppies - Shut yo mouth! These were actually pretty tasty, most others are dry as a 70 yr old wimman. Dip them in the bisque and store them in your cheeks, it's ok, no one is looking... Except me because there is nothing sexier. Oh wait, wrong blog.


(Lobster Bisque - Well, that's what they called it)

Lobster Bisque - A couple chunks of claw meat and a pretty weak, watery and oily soup... Or is that rusty pipe water? Is there anyone in Atlanta that can actually make a decent bisque that's worth the price they charge? Don't answer that, I already know. Next...


(Lobster Roll- Maine Style)


I have a weakness for lobster rolls, if Taco Bell made one I would get it. At $26, this lobster roll better rank way up there with the best of them. Sorry, Charlie, you lose. No such luck. Just look at this poor specimen. The bread was dry toasted, no butter, no flavor, no use. The lobster meat which they claim is 1 1/4 lb. was mostly claw meat and bits of what look to be tail meat. I assume they meant precooked weight but there was no way this was even close to a 1 pound sea roach. This chicken of the sea of a hoagie roll was extremely lackluster on all points of a $26 sandwich. Basically, a total rip-off and an insult to anyone with taste buds. Don't ask about the fwies. Just move along, move along...


(Fried Shrimp & Chips (Green beans sub)

Six medium size shrimp that had a steroid bath in gooey thick batter and fried to a greasy gut bomb popper. I love fried shit but come on, Sanchez, I don't want it to slide down my throat, right past my intestines and right outta my colon before I even pay the check. But the green beans were pretty fwesh but under-seasoned.

Service was scarce during lunch hours but friendly enough... The place was pretty much empty. Getting the check proved difficult, I circled the entire place looking for the server until I walked by the kitchen and there he was, chomping away on gratis vittles. I woulda too, since there were no customers there to eat the food.

I don't see much hope for this place. The location looks prime but the shops around there were as dead as this place. If burgers couldn't sell here, then the $26 lobster hoagie roll is definitely out of the question... So, are my future dinner reservations.

No rating.

4300 Paces Ferry Road
Suite 150
Atlanta, GA 30339
678-888-9036
www.greatfoodinc.com/vfc/The_Vinings_Fish_Company.html

No comments: