Sunday, July 31, 2011

Ça Va Todd English

How's it going, brah?

I'm fucking starving, boo. Feed me!

So, I'm back home and up in Times Square area for business and needed a good place to chow down a quick snack before lunch... I fucking hate tourist central but where to eat, where to eat? Ah, Todd English is around the corner and I heard he was an ok chef (I kid, I kid), why not give it a try? They got a great deal for déjeuner, they call it the Ça Va"Restaurant Week", three courses for $24.07 that's available year round and rotates weekly... Even though, it seems like it's just for NYC resto week. Enough, about the little details, let's get to the quick and dirty...


(Lobster Bisque & Lobster Sandwich)

The bisque was vibrant, silky smooth, creamy, fragrant and just tasted fucking amazing. I mean, just look at it, you know it'll be good. The lobster sandwich was basically a lobster roll in slider form. Shit was awesome. I could eat 3 rounds of this and be happy.


(Pate)

Pretty much classic French pate course. It wasn't sack blowing out of this world good but it was tasty.


(Lamb Tenderloin)

Cooked perfect. Look at that color! It was so good, as with the Peruvian purple mash taters, too. Mary had a little lamb, Little lamb, Little lamb, Mary had a little lamb, It's flesh was cooked medium rare.


(Monkfish)

Can you believe this dish at this price point? This was incredible. The monkfish seared perfectly outside and moist and firm inside. Then you got artichokes, new potatoes and tomato puree/sauce. So fresh, so bright, so guuuud! You know, these frogs are good for something since we liberated them from the krauts.


(Sorbet - Mango & Raspberry)


(Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake)


Todd English did it again! Great food and a great deal in any language... Even if you don't speak Engrish. Run, don't walk... And don't take a cab or a subway because you'll never make it on time.

Garçon! Check, pweez! I got lunch rez in 20 minutes downtown... Or I can just stay here for lunch since my fat ass is planted already.

Burp.

4 Stars.

310 W 44th Street
New York, NY 10036
212-803-4545
http://www.cavatoddenglish.com/

No comments: