Sunday, July 17, 2011

LeRoy's Fried Chicken

If you haven't heard, I like fried chicken... No, I love fried chicken. That shit is like crack to me. If I could, I would eat it everyday but then I would have to move to Mississippi... The only state in the nation that would take my ginormous lard ass.

Speaking of lard... LeRoy's Fried Chicken uses only lard to fry their chicken which is free range from Springer Mountain Farms (not that it makes any difference after you fry the hell out of it). I saw Julia mention that she was upset by a 2 star Yelp review. Ah, Julia, dahling... Who gives a shit? It's Yelp, Real Nitwits, Real Inept. I'm sure that mook prolly bitched about no dining room, how they don't eat dark meat, that it's too greasy or they can't eat it because of the lard for some bullshit religious reason. Blah blah blah. It's fried chicken, fucknut, it's supposed to be dark meat, greasy and priest raping good. If young boys tasted like fried chicken, I can understand why priests are addicted. Sign me up, Monsignor!

(Combo Thinger)


(2 Piece Dark Combo w/ drink, $7)

Looks pretty good... Let's have a taste shall we?

(Good looking chicks)

First bite, first thought comes to mind... KFC. Yeah yeah, I know what you're thinking, "KFC? Wha da fuck, dipshit?" I meant KFC as in the cooking technique, LFC uses an industrial strength pressure fryer to reduce cooking time and delivering a super hot and juicy piece of fowl ass, you need it for a larger production like this. But is it Pouch worthy on the chicken alone? Yes and no. It's hot and juice but the skin (which was half crispy and half wrinkled elbow skin) reminded me of the Colonel's Original recipe but with less herbs and spices. Not that it wasn't good but for my preference I like a crispy skin that holds onto the flesh more. It's a decent fried ghetto bird for the time being but the cost may be a little too rich for the proletarians (almost $3 a piece but the combo deal is not bad). The biscuit looked good from afar but far from good. It was more fluffy like a loaf of wheat bread than a standard southern biscuit. That's extra filler this fatboy don't need.

(Popeyes, duh)

Of course, I had to do a side by side tasting to be fair and balanced... LeRoy's vs. Tyrone's. And the winner is... Boulevard's finest. I don't think there's any contest, well, not yet anyways. With some time and experimentation with the pressure fryer, I'm sure LFC will perfect it to the level where she wants her chicken to be. I'll be back to try the fried chicken liver!

2.5 Stars

1021 Howell Mill Rd
Atlanta, GA 30318
(404) 872-7888

1 comment:

FlyinBrian said...

This one is history. Buh-bye Lemont, err- Leroy.