Thursday, March 19, 2009

The Porter Beer Bar

If the staff/owners wanted to fit into the L5Ps scene... They really nailed it on the head. The word "dirtbags" comes to mind. The servers were filthy, smelly and lazy. One or two stains on their "company shirts" is fine but is it too much to ask for you to wash it after you used it as a cum rag for the last two weeks? Monica Lewinsky has more class.

The service here is appalling time and time again. Asking for water is like asking for it in the desert... I'll take the Chinese water torture pweez. Taking your order is like talking to special ed kids... Just because they get it down on paper doesn't mean they'll get it to the kitchen. I'm wondering since weekday lunch is half off, does it mean you get half the service as well? It sure seemed like it... And the place was empty.

Mac n Cheez - It was velvety and smooth... The shells held a lot of the cheeziness which was a good thing.

Brandade - This dish wasn't even prepared the proper way... Brandade is a purée of salt cod, olive oil, and milk. Just call it mashed taters with salt cod droppings instead of some fancy Fwench word that most people in L5P never even heard of. This needed more salt, let alone cod...

Reuben - The bwead didn't even looked or tasted like rye. Corned beef you say? I say cornhole bags. This thing was so soggy and greasy, I coulda gweased my axle shaft with it.

Organic Arugula Salad - Did they pick these greens from around the trees in the square where the "locals" piss on? Pickled beets, chevre and almonds... Sure, whatever you say it is.

Fish n Chips - Looked great, tasted like dirty vadge. Over salted fwies and undercooked fish... If I wanted bad sushi, I woulda gone down da stweet to Sweet Lime. But the crust was nice and crispy though.

Kraut n Beer Brats - Have no idea how it tasted... Never got it for the 2nd time I ordered this thing. I'm sure the servers enjoyed it though... Pigs.

Hush Puppies - I just don't get these things... Keep your balls where they belong, either in a sack or your gf's mouth.

I do like this place and their concept works in L5P, imagine what would happen if they decided to go with the French theme... It fits into the hood but a staff shower or two per week wouldn't hurt either. I prefer the "chef" cooking my grub not to be a shoe-in for "Pig Pen" the musical. Like Bill Clinton sez to Hilary after sex... Close but no cigar.

I'm going to say it again: I did not have edible relations with that Porter.

Squirt.

1156 Euclid Ave
Atlanta, GA 31136
(404) 223-0393

No comments: