Thursday, March 19, 2009

Fat Philly's Wings & Things

Just looking at the name of the place makes me gain 10 lbs... I know they will hand me a menu and I will say "Yes, please". If you look up "Fat" and "Philthy's" on Urban Dictionary, don't be surprised if you see a picture of my pouch there.

I have been on sammie mode for a while now... banh mis, po'boys, reubens, burgaz, meatball subs and cheezsteaks. Basically, anything between a pair of soft buns. You would think finding a good cheezsteak in da ATL wouldn't be that difficult given all the sammie joints around town. But finding a shop that uses an authentic philty roll is a rare find. This is the only other place I know of that uses Amoroso rolls... So, you know this fatso had to stuff his fat face wit.

Triple Cheez Steak - American, Whiz and provolone... Jesus, if that's not an instant heart attack, you can call me Betty. Just don't call me Al if I don't finish that hog. I must say that they were kinda chincy on the meat... Two thin slices that looked eerily like SteakUms. How da hell is that gonna fill up a 10" roll? Their secret... Don't open the roll fully, just strategically place the mince meat ever so gingerly in the crack of the bread. It is a good cheese steak but don't make me pay for extra meat just to get a proper sammie.

Wings - "Jumbo Wings"? Is that like an oxymoron... Hell, I felt like a moron because these things were from a chicken on crack. I saw crackheads on the corner with bigger fingers. The "Fire Fire" hot sauce was mild but the wings were crispy, I'll give them that.

Other things that will be a must try are the po'boys, fwied seafood and hoagies. I don't get the pasta dishes... Do they even eat pasta in the ghetto? I mean besides from a can.

Instant 3 stars just for having Amoroso rolls.

Burp.

886 Martin L. King Dr., SW
Atlanta, GA 30314
(404) 254-3113

No comments: