Thursday, June 15, 2023

Whoopsie's

The era of the VID plandemic has been hellacious for the service industry... Especially, bars. This fat fuck had to drink alone at home and cry my-bloated-pouch-self to sleep every goddamn night for 3 years straight. An unprecedented amount of bars, restaurants and mom & pop shops shuttered around the nation and world during the scumbag authoritarian mandates and shutdowns. And in the wake after COVID, many new restaurants and bars started to open up but the only problem was they were all garbage. Not a fucking original thought, they all looked like franchised corporate bullshit. The menus were all full of overpriced low rent ingredients due to supply chain issues and inflation from re-opening demand. These chintzy motherfuckers all thought that people's palates were so dumb downed because a lot of people lost their taste from the VID and it was easy pickins' like shooting fish in a barrel. Let's keep charging $3 a wing (AKA Mkt Price) and see what dumb motherfucker will take the bait... And this was when wing prices started coming back down drastically like back to $6 for a 2.5 lb bag. Look at all the menus today and nothing has come back down... Not even fucking Mickey Deez dollar menu, you can't get shit for a dollar anymore. OK, maybe you can get a burger for a $1 at Salt Bae Burger giant liquidation in NYC... Everything Must Go! Including the sweaty salt grains that dropped from his elbow skin into his Z Cavaricci pants. Is it just me or does that mook kinda look like the demonspawn of Boris the Animal and Lilly from MIB? 

Let's get back on track here... Sooo, this tiny new bar opened quietly a few months ago and didn't get much media attention and it almost seemed like they didn't want it... They don't even have a website. But it didn't take long for them to get noticed through word of mouth. This was and is the type of bar that I love. Small, intimate, no fancy menu, no secret password or door that you have to go through a phone booth or bookshelf, decor like it came from a yard sale, they just focus on awesome cocktails and light and heavy snacks... Sold! Sign me up, mofos. Even with all the car traffic on Moreland, you would think it would be packed from opening to closing but if you look around, it ain't the best walking neighborhood in this stretch of Reynoldstown or Hobostown. But I fucking love it just the way they are... Just carry a 1911 or a couple of 9mm. BTW- they have a small parking lot around back but you can also park on the side streets.

Let's take a first look...

The cocktail/food menu is on a piece of paper which I love the simplicity but you are not limited to just what's on the one pager... Tim will make you pretty much anything you want. I just told him to mix it up and I will drink it. I really wanted to drink out of that one solo golden goblet hanging with the other glasses but he said that belonged to a VIP.. I can only assume it was Jesus' chalice. I sampled a few cocktails and they were all good and it changes regularly on the menu.

Old Fashioned. Of course, I got the tried and true classic... And they did it right with no muddling. Only amateurs muddle an OF. The Pouch approves. 

Champagne Velvet... The Beer with the Million Dollar Flavor with a Million Pesos Price. And they don't rip you off by upcharging this tall boy with a double digit price tag like other bars.  

Southern Snack Tray. When I was designing my menu a few years ago, I had an awesome item called the "In-Flight" meal and it changed monthly depending on where we were flying to and from. A lot of people have stolen the idea with these cafeteria trays... But I don't care and this snack tray was a lot of fun. Everyone loves to have an assortment of things to nibble on with different flavors, textures and mouthfeels. This was a winner or is that pronounced wiener... And I would slide it down my facehole if it was on the tray.

Burrata and Beets. Just a gorgeous dish.. The colors, presentation and taste was just spot-on.

Prime Rib. Jurassic Park just called... They want their brontosaurus back. Fred Flintstone is in da muddafukkin hizzah! Look at that juicy moist manmeat... I just squirted a lil in my underpants. That is a big fucking piece of meat, yo! And I wonder why I'm so obeast... BMI stands for Big Meaty Indulgence. Scientists use a merry-go-round to measure my body fat. Look at this beautiful specimen... There will be no doggy bag for this today. It's was succulent, tender, and juicy. The secret to eating this much meat is to cut small pieces of the gelatinous fat with eat bite of the meat which takes it to another level. The horseradish sauce is a bit runny but you don't even need it with all that savory jus pooling around Peter North's girthy flesh log. You can seriously feed 3 normal sized humans but this was just enough for one Marsupial Pouch. I don't eat prime rib often but shit, this was worth the price of admission. Then I rushed back home to evacuate my bowels and implode the plumbing...

This is one of my favorite new bars... It's a dive bar with class. And don't you fuckers ruin this joint for me... Or I will start writing up Daiquiri Factory, Moondogs, Johnny's Hideaway and Mr. C's as my favorite go-to watering holes.

Pump pump squirt..

1 Moreland Ave SE
Suite C
Atlanta, GA 30316

No comments: