Friday, September 16, 2022

Baby Al's Chicago Dog

I binged the entire season of The Bear in one night and I was jonesing for an Chi-talian beef and Chi-dog... There is just no good Chicago grub in this one horse town. I looked around online but there was nothing... Then I remembered there was a hole-in-the-wall dump in the woods of Lilburn called Baby Al's and they had Chi-town grub... It's a big gamble to drive to Lilburn for some Chicago street food but I couldn't just drink a whole bottle of Malort alone on an empty pouch and then cry myself to sleep afterwards... I may not wake up. Fuck it, let's burn some expensive fossil fuels and get some overpriced fraudy Chi-slop. I need to satisfy my curiosity and fill the abyss AKA the Pouch...

I love the simplicity of their menu... Less items usually means better quality. They can focus more on each item with care and do it right.

Why is there a Nashville Hot Chicken sando on the menu at a Chicago beef and dog joint? And why am I tempted to get it?

Italian Beef Sandwich, on Turano bread either wet or dry in the au jus with giardiniera peppers or sweet peppers. Did they say Turano bread? I just squirted a little in my underpants. Oh, fuck yes... Come to find out that Turano bakery has a location in Villa Rica, GA. Now, I had to have one, not that I wasn't gonna get a Ginzo beef sando anyways. So, I ordered a light dip so it wouldn't be all soggy and breaking apart. What da fuck is that creasture? It looked like elbow skin from a 80 year old hag with maggots festering between the flaps. Why is that roll so fleshy looking? Did they put SPF 100 on it? I don't think they finished baking that French Roll. Jesus, why do I always get fucked... Maybe because I'm obeast and people always look down on me... Fuck me, even Brendan Fraser laughs at me and he's the fucking Whale! 
Ok, back this specimen, it just doesn't look very appetizing does it? I asked for both giardiniera and sweet peppers and of course there was a upcharge. I also asked for a light dip but I think they dropped it in the jus bucket and try to fish it out with a dirty hippie sandal. I guess I'll have to treat it like when I hook up with a fat chick from Steak 'n Shake... Beauty is a light switch away... Have y'all even seen two cows bumping uglies in the light? It's just udderly revolting. Click. And I ate this in the dark and pretended that I was back at Al's #1 Italian Beef... But I could not get the image of that sloppy mons pubis out of my pea brain and my brain kept zooming in on that image with every sloppy bite. I had to stop eating it halfway through and the Pouch never quits halfway eating anything. But this did me in. I couldn't eat this anymore... I shoulda just stuck with the Nashville Hot Chicken sando instead at this Chicago joint...

Chicago dog, Vienna beef frank with mustard, relish, chopped onions, tomatoes, pickle spear, celery salt and sport peppers on a poppy seed bun. Just when I thought they couldn't fuck up any more than that disgusting Eyetalian beef sando, they go ahead and redeem themselves with this perfectly made Chi-dog ran through the garden... The snap of the casing on that Vienna frank hit the spot and everything else went down well. All the fillers were bright and vibrant and the poppy seed bun was spot-on unlike that nasty beef roll.

Yeah, I don't think I'm gonna come back to this joint, ever again... It's just too far to drive to be disappointed again. Now, I need to go back to Skip's in Avondale for another try, I haven't been back in many many moons but it's a shorter drive to be disappointed.

529 Indian Trail Lilburn Rd NW
Lilburn, GA 30047
http://www.babyalschicagodog.net/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Try Skip’s in Avondale Estates.