Monday, April 1, 2019

The Po'Boy Shop Revisit

I haven't been back to this joint in a bit but they have been doing some brisk business... It's hard to tell if the local yokels have finally developed a palate or they just come here with their pack of wild kids because it's convenient. I had pretty decent visits here in the past and their menu is pretty good... Their po'boys are the stars here because they use the famous Leidenheimer bread. It's risky business if you try to pass off a po'boy using Pepperidge Farm rolls... Just like Joel says, there is no substitute.
Their po'boys are pretty good but they can be a little chintzy on the sea snots filler aka fried oysters. The fried oyster po'boy is my favorite, but sometimes I don't mind doing half shrimp and oysters. The last time I did, there were barely any oysters... I got fucking gypped.
So, I'm gonna go out on a limb this time and avoid the po'boy... That's blasphemous, Pouch! I know I know but sometimes you gotta say, what the fuck... So, my folks are going out of town, I got the place all to myself... What the fuck. If you can't say it, you can't do it. So, I'm fucking going to say it... What the fuck. Hey Booger, forget the po'boy, I'm getting the Debris!

Debris, slow roasted beef soaked in gravy with horseradish sauce. It's messy! ...That's what she said. Nothing wrong with a little D for lunch... A little manmeat afternoon delight never hurt no one... Unless it's going in from the other end. Ooooh, I just got some goose pimples thinking about that. Look at this filthy specimen, it kinda looked like this pig I hooked up with at the Acme Oyster House after a few dozen oysters and lotsa whiskey... It had hair like Coolio, udders like a goat and a bikini line that looked like it used a Minn Kota trolling motor on it, what a mess that was. Let's just say, I have never eaten a roast beef sandwich that tasted like an opened can of Chicken of the Sea sitting out in the sweltering summer heat of Nawlins in Joo-Lie, but there is always a first, shit, why do I always have to be the first for everything? I blame the aphrodisiac powers from the oysters' bowels for bamboozling me into having bestiality relations with that she-beast... But I lived to tell about it... Just like how I survived to tell my one reader about this friggin dericious juicy manmeat-wich. It's messy alright, if you're thinking about taking this to go... Well, bless your heart then. You have to eat it right away when it comes out or else the meatflap juices will soak through the entire Leidenhiemer bread and turn it into mush and then you will need a spoon to eat it. Don't be a fucking self-deprecating amateur. Even eating it right away in here will be a challenge. Once, you pick it up, you will have to go all the way. You can't just stop halfway through and put it down because you will not be able to pick it up again. It's so goddamn dericious that you won't be able to put it down anyways. The big chunks of savory beef are fork tender and each sublime bite after bite just melts in your mouth. Even the blue hairs can gum this down without their dentures. It's crave-worthy enough to be on my regular rotation. Even Guido the killer pimp would leave the gun and take the Debris.

Cajun Meat Pies, spicy ground beef in a flaky pastry. Boudin Balls, traditional pork boudin with crunchy panko crust. Red Beans and Rice, camellia red beans with ham, tasso and andouille.
There are a lot of manly parts going into my facehole today... Meat packages, balls and beans. And I'm ok with that because I'm secure with my manhood or lack of... That's why I need my daily intake of testosterone supplements. I can envision this glorious man spread on the set of the next Peter North flick. The meat pies were crispy and crunchy and steaming hot inside. The boudin balls were just as good. But the red beans and rice tasted a bit different then my previous visits... They were even better this time around.

This recent visit was a win-win overall... There was nothing to bitch about on this sampler spread which even surprised me. But I have to make fun of something or else my one reader will think I'm on the take to say nice things about them... Those fucking mardi gras umbrellas hanging upside down from the tile ceilings are gaudy as fuck. It makes me want to throw hushpuppies for 3 pointers in there... But then it will attract rats... From the health department. And the local bumpkins won't be happy about that. 
Keep doing what y'all are doing because they get it pretty close to the real deal found in Nawlins'. Next time, I might even brave the muffaletta po'boy... That just sounds so wrong on French bread because we all know it's gotta be on Sicilian sesame bread to be considered a true muff. And I have eaten a lot of muff on different breads, some are even made from their own yeast... Those are not very fresh, so I use extra olive salad and sometimes Italian dressing to flush out the stank on that skank... Wait, are we still talking about a sandwich or that pig I slayed earlier... Everything blends together these days in my old age.

1369 Clairmont Rd.
Decatur, GA 30033
www.thepoboyshopatl.com

1 comment:

Pinky said...

I had the Debris and the bread pudding my only visit there last year. So good! Glad to hear it’s still the same.