Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Just Loaf'n

I remember this place when it was in Buckhead, it was pretty decent overall... Haven't been back since. So, after a few years of hiatus, I went back to see what's up with this place on beautiful Boulevard. I remember the 'Fronch' bread was kinda puffy and no one really eats the ends where there's no filler, so, If you do have leftover bread, you can feed the bums hanging around here like pigeons... It's a lot of fun to watch them chickenheads cluck around the parking lot. Alrighty, let's see if they got shittier or still tasty after all these years.

Soft Shell Crab Po'boy, Jambalaya. The bread looked kinda deflated and it was a bit soft but it tasted ok. But we're here to examine the innards of this creasture. This thing reminded me of a hot nutty ex-gf. Spread this muff open and it is full of crabs... I'm a lucky bastard! I mean, who doesn't want a mouthful of crabs? The only thing I'll be scratching is my bloated pouch afterwards. This was pretty good, I'm not shittin' ya. The jambalaya was pretty spicy, it had a nice kick to it... Pretty surprised they did it since the white folk may find it a bit too much for them.

Oyster Po'boy, Cajun rice. This specimen is full of crispy plump oysters, friggin nice. The breading was good and you can taste the oysters inside. The English muffin looking bread was soft like the other one and held mostly everything intact. It's a better than average po'boy. The cajun rice also had a nice kick to it. They don't mess around here with the spices. I love it that the sides are not bland and really activated your taste buds.

After all these years, they are still putting out respectable po'boys... Next time, gotta check out the Patton's hot sausage. I love sausage... Oh, and speaking of sausage, you can't forgot about the muffaletta. Somehow sausage and muff seem to go together but I'm not holding my breath for that one here. Tough to get a proper muff outside of Central Grocery in NOLA, it's all about the Sicilian bread and olive salad. If you stick to the basics like the po'boys and classic sides, you'll be ok here.


371 Boulevard SE
Atlanta, GA 30312
404-537-6269
http://www.justloafnpoboys.com/

No comments: