Monday, August 13, 2012

Mighty Wings!

Yep... I know what y'all are thinking. I don't give a shit, I did it anyways like a rabid honey badger. The last time I had Mickey Deez nuts in my mouth, Magnum P.I. was a hit show... And now, I also have the physique of Higgy Baby.  

What's a dipsomaniac to do when he's been out all night and needs a snack and Popeyes is closing up? Well, this fat fuck does the next logical thing and tries the all new Mighty Wings from McDonald's. Ok, it ain't new by any means cuz this shit was introduced back in the 90's... Or was that the 60's. I don't remember, I get those numbers mixed up (6, 9, 69 it's all the same), plus, who remembers how they tasted that far back but anyways... Atlanta is the lucky test city for their "all new and improved" marketing efforts to bring back the bone-in cheekan wang.

It is not a traditional buffalo wing or hot wing by any means. It is breaded and fried like a classic fried chicken. I do like the bone-in factor... As do many of the horny broads you usually find around town or in a back alley. Let's take a closer look... Hmmm, they come in a plain jane secret test edition white box. It's so clinical.

I got them literally right out of the fryer, so they were super crispy and juicy inside. If they have been sitting awhile under the heat lamps, they get pretty dry and nasty... but luckily for me, they had to do it to order because I ended up there around 1AM. I liked the crust, it wasn't too thick or too thin and it had a nice crunch factor. The spicy buffalo sauce was pretty much garbage, so avoid it if you can. At about a $1 a piece, it's kinda pricey from a fast food dump. They need to lower that shit a bit if they seriously want to compete.

For what it was, it was kinda decent when you're buzzing and jonesing for some grub... And only when Popeyes is closed.

Fair rating.

Pick them up at any location in the metro area and beyond, there's only like a billion of them. If you need directions, I'm gonna kick you in the nads and make you crow like a chicken.

No comments: