Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Vinny's New York Pizza

Looks like another NY style pizza joint from upstate Georgia is making a showing in midtown. We already know what happens when some second rate pizza opens shop intown... Gino's NY style pizza on Cheshire and Piedmont was absolutely dismal with their filthy plates and doughy tasteless pizza. Let's just forget about that place and move on... To something worth eating and talking about. Well, let's hope...

We don't need to go through my background about my love for NY 'ZA... It's as obvious as my love for fwied cheekan. So, let's just get right to it... Vinny's midtown, not the one in Duluth which I have never been to but if this satellite location intown has any real cojones, I may even take a ride up to Duluth for their more extensive menu with includes apps,  pastas, entrees and other crap. What? It's on Sugarloag Parkway? Fuck that noise. Guess I ain't going after all.


The classic cheese pie... Doesn't look that awful. Yet. That's what the Predator's mother said also.

The required up-skirt shot... Looks as good as a regular gas oven can get it. So, how was it? It was passable. Better than most wannabe NY 'ZA joints (they know who they are). The cheese is a little too dense (didn't have that pull), the sauce a little too sweet (needed to be seasoned, too) and the crust needed more time in the oven (a little more char is ok, numbnuts, I actually prefer it). But for the midtown crowd and convenience, it will do. Also, depends on who's making the pies that day, too many inconsistencies in the cheese to sauce to dough stretch ratio.

Pepperoni slice... Looks kinda fake. I guess when it's been sitting around for hours (you see how the cheese is pulling away from the crust) even reheating it ain't gonna make a difference. Mebbe they should try pissing on it.

Stromboli, sausage and peppers... Looks more like a calzone than a stromboli but what do I know. Let's hope there's a surprise inside.

Look at that gash, reminds me of an ex... Oh, the horror, the horror (must be an echo in here). Well, at least I didn't find fromunda (ricotta) in there...The sausage were semi-rubbery slices which I then ponder why they didn't or wouldn't roll it up like the stromboli's of old. Consuming this entire thing reminded me too much of a calzone and too little of a stromboli... Made me sad. But overall it was edible and decently baked. Would I get it again? Prolly not. I'd get a calzone next time which will prolly look exactly that same as this specimen but with smegma inside.

This place may find a niche in midtown since there's really no other pizza places nearby. It ain't gonna turn you into a New Yorker but it will definitely fill your pouch with a shitload of carbs and gluten. Can't wait to come by here when I'm really fucked up.

1 Star.

860 Peachtree St
Atlanta, GA 30308
(404) 872-0484
http://vinnyspizzaatlanta.com

No comments: