Friday, November 5, 2021

Dagu Rice Noodle

Anyone remember Tempo Doeloe and JAVA Indonesian Food and Market? Yeah? No? Well, whatever, bless their rendang beef heart anyways since it was nothing special... 
Wait, who am I talking to... I'm asking a rhetorical question like someone is actually reading this ridiculous food blog. I remember I had one fan from the early 2000's but the VID may have taken them out in a NYC nursing home... Just like it did to Tempo/Java.

But from death, comes birth... And the filthy space was replaced with a "Global Franchise" called Dagu Rice Noodle - which according to their website is "a restaurant chain beloved across China" with locations in Canada and now, in the USA. Global Franchise sounds like some sweaty and smelly gym run by purple cobras... I prefer something more like Prestige Worldwide with a boats and hoes theme and franchises from port to port, will have bone broth that only comes in quarts. That is a million dollar idea, right there, yo!

So, Pouch, what is the fuss with this rice noodle joint that is supposed to be some beloved chain in China? I have no fucking idea but when I see a new slant joint on Bufo Hwy, I'm going in to try it since I'm part of the tribe and report all that's fit to eat on this pathetic blog. The menu has snacks, apps and noodle soups... But I also noticed something else on the menu that is a special everyday until it runs out. What's the special y'all ask? Take one goddamn guess what it could be for this fat fuck. 

CWISPY. WHOLE. FWIED. CHEEKAN.  

Done, Chino! 

I put in that fried chicken order in right away since it takes like 20 minzies to make... I didn't even care what else was on the menu... But shiiiiit, I might as well take a bite from the menu since I'm here already.

Let's go take a first look... 

Bring on the snacks, mofo! They have a lot of snack and the spicy duck tongue was very tempting but I needed to be smart which is rare and go with the solid standbys... Got 3 snacks... Let's take a closer look...   
Triple Play or Threat?

Sliced Beef in Szechuan Chili Sauce.
Most places have this dish already prepped and portioned out and sitting in a cold ass fridge... It is really not enjoyable eating almost freezing cold slices of hard manmeat. You have to let it sit there for 15 minz to come to room temp before you can actually enjoy it the way it should be... But this joint's version was at the perfect temp where the manmeat slices were pliable and the chili oil/sauce was just right for the pedestrians. I could use a little more heat but the Chinese peanuts made up for it. Very good sample of this classic dish.

Salty Crispy Chicken.
With Quickly only a couple doors down, I was a bit hesitant to order the cheekan nuggets because if they sucked I would be kicking myself for not getting the proven Taiwanese nuggets at Quickly. But to my surprise, these were pretty damn good... Crispy and crunchy but I coulda used a little more heat/seasoning. Still ate da shit outta it... Cuz I'm obeast.

Deep Fried Pumpkin Pancake with Red Bean Paste.
Awww, look how cute they are... Almost didn't want to bite into them... Almost. They were pretty tasty snacks but once is pretty much enough for me for a lifetime.

Signature Rice Noodle Soup with Braise Bone-In Pork.
Is that a bone in your soup or you're just happy to see me? Squirt...

I like how they have the rice noodles on the side... Almost a la tsukemen style. Man, look at that stiff boner... It's giving me a blood flow. The broth was boiling when it came out, I had to let it chill for a bit to take a clear pic without being all steamy and shit... Because my one reader deserves professional glamour shots. For an extra charge, you can add in slices of "beef, lamb, shrimp or stuff"... My gutter mind is already thinking what kinda stuff? Kinky! The broth was pretty nice, creamy and flavorful. I just wished there were more scraps of meat on the bone. But it's a nice bowl of noodle soup that could feed two people easily.

Alrighty... Let's. Get. Ready. To. Rummmmble. I had to save the best for last...

Crispy Whole Fried Chicken.
This is a limited item daily, so, y'all know this fat fuck had to try it at least once... Here comes the glamour shots from different angles... Sadly, there are no laser background involved or Caboodles. Look at that gorgeous fowl... I like the powdered Chinese characters... Almost like matcha tea powder but didn't taste like anything.

Oh, yeah, baby! Look at that tuchus... Hubba hubba. Had to stop myself from putting the legs around my ears and start eating... Ok, maybe right after a couple more shots...

Pump pump... Squirt.

Pump pump... Crack. Oh, it's a very tasty fried chicken. Light, thin, crispy and crunchy crust and meat was juicy and flavorful. Not greasy at all for a whole fried chicken. They must have rested it a bit for the internal juices to spread out... I'll spread something, alright... May have to order another one to take home and violate it with extreme prejudice... Squirt.

I like this place, it's cute and the food is good and priced right. I'll be back...

5090 Buford Hwy NE STE 110-111
Doraville, GA 30340
https://daguricenoodle.com/
http://www.dagu-usa.com/

1 comment:

BigFan said...

Enjoyed their "Bang bang chicken" soup