Thursday, May 10, 2012

Aburiya Raku

I got in to Vegas a little past midnight... Guess where I headed first? Nope, not the Baccarat tables at the Bellagio. I followed my pouch to a small little place way off the Strip for some incredible "Charcoal Grill House Enjoyment"... I hope there's a happy ending! I can smell it... Sniff sniff.

So, a couple of friends who cooks out there at some fancy pants Fronch resto tells me that if I eat at this place, it will kick my ass and my balls and I will ask for 3rds. Like any good Gastro-Masochist, I wanted to indulge in some pleasures of the flesh... Either raw or cooked. When I saw they had Kobe Beef Liver Sashimi I knew I was gonna like this place already. Liver Sashimi, brah?! Fuck yeah! Let's get to it already, I'm starving!


 Sea Urchin Seaweed Soup

Kobe Beef Liver Sashimi

 Teba - Cheekan Wangs

Raku's House Tofu

Poached Egg with Sea Urchin

Yari Ika - Raw

Yari Ika - Grilled

Hanpen - Soft Fish Cake

Raku's House Tofu - Fried

Teba - Mo' Cheekan Wang

Robata Grill Stuff

Tontoro - Kurobuta Pork Cheek

Kobe Beef Liver Grill

Lamb Chop

 Kamo - Grilled Duck

Suji - Kobe Beef Tendon

Foie Gras Chawanmushi

Foie Gras Bowl

There were so many more dishes that I wanted to try but after 15 or so dishes, I was pretty much done, not to mention the pitcher of Sapporo and a couple bots of Kome Kome Sake. Everything was spot on, especially the Uni, which was ultra fresh, plump and golden. The foie gras dishes were not too shabby either, OK, it was fucking amazing... Oh, that foie gras chawanmushi lives in my dreams and makes me wet.

Sometimes, the best places to eat in Vegas are away from all the hustle and bustle and the one arm bandits and their buffets. Speaking of one arm bandits...

Pump. Pump. Squirt.

4 Stars.

5030 S. Spring Mountain Rd. #2
Las Vegas, NV 89146
(702) 367-3511
http://raku-grill.com/

1 comment:

Gastronome said...

heard decent things about Kabuto...will hit it next time.