Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Hearth Pizza Tavern

From the owners of Cypress comes this red-headed stepchild of a mess... And I ain't talking about the pizza sauce.

I really hoped it would be good but everything seems out of place here. From the missing bartender that no one seemed to know where she and the manager went, servers all huddling around the kitchen area instead of the dining area... To the family of 5 where the dad and 3 boys looked like they just played mud football and the mom is dressed like she's ready to goto Hal's in her 5 inch leopard print heels.

This oven fired 'ZA comes in 8" or 12". The "Queens Right" is basically a Margarita 'ZA... But it gave me the "Silent Fluidity". This thin crust thing came out covered with raw flour. I didn't know whether I should blow it off or snort it. The bottom had spots of char which didn't add much to the flavor... It really looked like a pita bwead re-heated. The sauce was thin and flavorless... Eerily similar to watered down tomato paste. The fwesh mozzarella and basil chiffonade sprinkles after it came out of the oven barely saved this shipwreck. This tasteless mystery orange oil in a squirt bottle had me dumbfounded, I guess it was there to help lube your linings. Sadly, my ship sank as well in the bathroom.

The pedestrian menu reads like a high school student's wet dweam. It would do well in Sandy Spwings... Oh, wait, it is in Sandy Spwings! Skip this Californication Pizza and go next door to Canton House for some real tasty grub...

Ni Hao!

5992 Roswell Rd NE
Atlanta, GA 30328
(404) 252-5378

No comments: