Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Tupelo Honey Cafe

This southern cafe has been very popular at every one of their locations... My first visit was in Asheville which was pretty good. The line cooks were bad asses and did a great job juggling all the orders through their massive rush during brunch which even impressed me. Now, they are expanding  everywhere big time and their new "Sandy Springs" location is much larger than it appears from the outside. It has been a hit and destroying all the other competition in this new strip mall across from Popeyes near Wieuca. Let's go take a look at this Buckhead rodeo and see if it still has the soul that I found so exciting on my first visit in Asheville that got me hooked.

Biscuits. They are known for their biscuits and these were just as good as the ones in Asheville. Fluffy, firm but yet light and they don't fall apart when you bite into them. One of the better biscuits found in town. A nice piece of boneless hot dark meat chicken in there would be pretty fucking radical... Just a thought.

Southern Fried Chicken BLT. Appalachian Corn Soufflé. The souffle was decent but a bit gummy, I kinda felt like half the crowd here, old and eating early. The fried cheekan sando looked decent but also kinda flat... Let's take a closer look.

Under da hood... It turns out to be a decent size piece of boneless fried cheekan breast hidden under the bun. It's a pretty decent simple chicken sando, but nothing spectacular that I would wait in line for again, though. But I would come back and try "The Chicken Fried Love Tower" that's only available Wednesday and Sundays with limited quantities (35 to be exact)... I may even wait in line for it just to get my facegash around some hyped up fwied cheekan so I either squirt my pants or flush it down the toilette.

Super Southern Breakfast Bowl, salsa verde black eyed peas and SC stone-ground goat cheese grits layered with two all-natural, farm fresh over-medium eggs, apple cider bacon, cheddar and salsa. Jesus fucking Christ, this really is the definition of crap in a bowl... How can they fit so much shit in there? It's bright and vibrant and reminds me of the bowl I had in Asheville but the flavors were lacking somehow here in Sandy Springs. It wasn't bland but it didn't give me a blood flow, either. I got bored with this like 1/3 of the way through and I was yearning for some brown juice but sadly, I came too early... That's what she said. No, really, that's what the girl at the bar said... You came too early and now you need to leave after you finish... Your food. Touche, touche... Goddamn it, I hate it when women are right.

Rosemary-Peach Lemonade. It's pretty refreshing I guess... if it had booze in it, but I would put the money towards something brown that has alcohol in it, instead... But they ain't serving booze til 12:30 on Sundays.

This location is spacious and good looking but it also has too much corporate influence to lure in the tourists unlike the ones in Asheville which has more of a local feel... You know, a greasy spoon. I would come back during their all day happy hour for the booze and maybe try out their fried chicken tower one day but I kinda lost some interest in the menu here that I found exciting in Asheville, maybe it was the atmosphere that made it more exciting... But it doesn't matter what I think because there's no question that this joint is killing it and will prolly continue to do so. Look around this joint, it is the fucking epicenter of Polo, Toms, Nantucket Reds, braided leather belts, fleece including the Snuggie, Lululemon, Patagonia, LL Bean, Northface, basically anything that involves outdoor performance wear and of course, brunch... This is the stuff that white people like. And these motherfuckers have the disposable income to keep this brunch bullshit still relevant... And also keep this joint in business for years to come.

4600 Roswell Rd #110
Sandy Springs, GA 30342
http://tupelohoneycafe.com/

No comments: