Friday, July 29, 2016

Savage Pizza

The Savage Pizza in L5P really fucking annoys me like a dingleberry that's latched on to one of your ass crack hairs for dear life and you're crying like a little bitch trying to pull it off... This is not the time to do the bandaid technique because it can draw blood... Kinda like what I want to do to some of the dirty mooks inside the L5P pizza spot. But their Avondale location is totally the opposite, it's a stand alone location hidden a couple of blocks behind Pallookaville. The building looks like an old strip joint, you can almost smell the cheap perfume still lingering around the building and hear the clap clap of clear acrylic 6" stiletto platform shoes haunting the back rooms. 
This location appeals to me because I don't have to deal with annoying as fuck nitwits that think they just earned a political science degree after watching the RNC/DNC on the TV. Seriously, stop fucking trying to convince me why you are right and everyone else is wrong... I'm just here to eat some glutenized carb heavy 'ZA, subs and calzones... And perhaps with some animal bits on top. 
The scene was pretty quiet on a recent Saturday night... I assume this location gets more deliveries and take out orders than dine in because they only had one server working the entire place and she was pretty busy running around checking on the few tables that had people. I haven't had the food here in a very long time so I have no fucking clue what's in store for the pouch... Let's hope it's halfway edible.

Bolognese. This pie's got red wine marinara sauce, Italian sausage, sun-dried tomatoes, red onions, mushrooms, parmesan and mozzarella cheeses. Doesn't sound halfway bad... And it didn't look halfway bad when it came out. For a no style 'ZA joint, it was pretty decent looking and tasting. The preparation and execution was consistent but the only thing I did not like was that they cooked it on a perforated pan, you can see all the little holes on the bottom of the crust. Did I think this was gonna be NY or Napoletana style? Fuck no. But for a local pizza, it will do.

Italian Sub. Yeah, this is a sad motherfucking sight...It's all bread and they didn't even try to trick me with enough filler to jack it up. This was no Eyetalian sub... It's like a sando that you would make if you were out on a boat on the lake... It's just for survival or filler to soak up all the booze you have been pounding on Lake Lanier.

Spinach Calzone. This really surprised me when it came out... It looked really nice, like they actually gave a shit. I couldn't fucking believe how professional this looked... And it tasted pretty damn good too. The marinara was not too sweet and not too watery, it was just right... But I coulda used some more of that bloody goodness. They never give you enough marinara anywhere. I love calzones, there's just something about it that makes me giggle and wet like a school girl... Reminds me of eating one out, too. Jesus, Pouch, you are one sick bastard... Do I sound like I really give a shit? More sauce, Ma! We need more sauce, STAT. 

After all these years, Savage Pizza still pleasantly surprised the pouch with their pies and calzones... The subs, not so much, so forget that noise. But let's not kid ourselves here, it still ain't no NYC 'ZA or Napoletana pie made in an Acunto or Ferrara 900 degree oven. It's a decent acceptable product for the south but I would still never go near the L5P location because it's a total goat rodeo... But their country location in Avondale, I would come back again and try the other 'ZAs and ZONEs... But not too soon, though.

115 Laredo Drive
Avondale Estates, GA 30002
http://savagepizza.com/ 

No comments: