Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Hajime Japanese Ramen Bar

The pouch has been consuming mass quantities of ramen the past couple of weeks... Shit, someone's gotta update my one reader on the quality of the ramen scene that has recently exploded all over the place which is a good thing I guess. People love ramen or the idea of what ramen should be to them... But too many people just don't know what a proper ramen should be. They want tonkotsu because everyone is talking about it but have no fucking idea what they're eating... Bitches be like, this is too thick and tastes so fatty, blah blah blah. Shut da fuck up and get out of my presence, you skank. But anyhoo, I did enjoy my first couple of visits to the Umaido sister resto on Cheshire... So, let's go back and see if they have improved or gotten worse. I hope they haven't adjusted to the tastes of the pale infidels swarming this joint since they opened... Let's see if their tonkotsu has become as white and bland as some of these cracker ass complainers with their shitty low rent tastebuds.

Tebasaki, "Cook time Too long". Server said, it will prolly take 20 minzies and come out after the ramen if that's ok with you. Sure, whenever it comes out it's fine... It was the first dish to come to the table within 5 minzies. I stared at this cancerous thing in awe... What the fuck are in the holes? Am I suppose to finger this? These things look like alien heads... They were piping hot, came straight outta the fryer. Took a bite and it was totally bland... How the fuck is this possible? The skin was kinda crispy but besides that, it was pretty shitty... And the sauce splatters looked like 10W-30 that ran through 10,000 miles. These were fucking awful wings. Don't fucking get them, ever.

Takoyaki.There's no shortage of bonito flakes up in this dish... Twisting and curling all around scares the shit outta whities, you can tell them it's alive and they will shit their pants instantly. The tako balls were pretty decent, had a crusty-ish outside and tender octopus pieces inside. Not bad at all compared to those fucking nasty ulcerized wings.

Gesoyaki. The grilled squid were tender and seasoned well... Not bad but it ain't that exciting either. If you're hungry you will eat it but it's kinda boring after a bite or two. It needed something else to make this dish pop.

Cabbage Ramen with Spicy Noodles. You would think they would give you a shit ton of cabbage since it's cheaper than dirt. The tonkotsu broth base was pretty good but you don't really get the "powerful bonito" flavor in there. It's an ok bowl of ramen but this is a been there, done that kinda bowl. Next...

Honey Miso Ramen. This is a good starter ramen for the people who don't want to be too adventurous. It's pretty sweet and the tonkotsu broth is not fatty or thick. I like every once in awhile but I would prolly stick with the original tonkotsu ramen and add $1 for the extra rich soup option.

Ultra Spicy Ramen Level 100. The last time I attempted this demon spawn, it was the Level 100 spicy under 10 minzie challenge at Umaido many many moons ago... I did it under 5 minzies but all that shit brewing in the pouch caldron didn't stay down there for too long. I hurled that shit up right after they took my mugshot for the wall so people can put their boogers on my fat face. I supposedly get a discount forever but I never went back, it was just too goddamn far to drive to Suwanee. But how was this version? I guess about the same but greasier, it had a thick layer of oil on top. Besides, the surface lube, the bowl had a good amount of gochujang power, chili flakes and the thickness of the goo settling at the bottom. It also came with their spicy pinkish ramen which was not spicy at all, it was more just for visual effect and mental mindfuck to make you think it's ultra spicy. Overall, it was pretty spicy but no where near the level 100 that you would expect. Come to think of it, nothing is ever spicy enough for the pouch, why did I think it would be any different this time... Just stick with the classic tonkotsu ramen and you'll be happier with that. Trust me...

I like Hajime because it's intown and convenient... I like Umaido as well but driving up to buttfuck Suwanee is just not an option for this bloated fat thing. I need my feed ASAP!
The ramen here ain't gonna change the world but for what it is and a very decent tonkotsu it is, it will do. The snackery stuff on the menu is just for shits and giggles while you're waiting for your bowl of slurpness. I would suck on their noodle again.
Squirt.

2345 Cheshire Bridge Rd NE #101
Atlanta, GA 30324

No comments: