Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Argosy Pizza

Argosy has become the Urban Outfitters of EAV's bars... Wait a minzies... What the fuck happened to EAV overall? It has become like mini Buckhead all of the sudden. There are so many fucking tools wearing khakis shorts, loafers and button down Polos walking around on the weekends that it has become a fucking tourist destination nowadays. Can low rent dirtbags even have a dump of an area to call their own anymore for Christ's sake... This gentrification thing is getting out of hand but what can you do except cry into your beer and get fat on pizza... Speaking of which, I don't know why people aren't even talking about Argosy's 'ZA these days except for the mutts on Tripadvisor... I remembered it was pretty much Red Baron slop when they first opened but it seems like they have really picked up their 'ZA game. I saw a couple of pies come out and I was like what da fuk, yo... I am not that drunk yet, there's no way that 'ZA looks that good. Then I had to try it for myself, again...

Marge. Basically, a margherita 'ZA... A simple pie is the truest test of a well executed 'ZA. You don't need all that fancy shit on top dragging it down and ruining your pie. This pie looked pretty damn nice when it came out, I ran through my mental check list and almost every item checked off... How is this possible? It's unpossible! The crust was really nice, char blisters throughout, a big one here and there, but it was consistent. The upskirt was amazing as well, light char evenly throughout the bottom... How is this possible again? The center was not pooling or liquidity, Jesus fucking Christ slap me with your stigmata hands already. The basil leaves put on after it comes out of the wood burning oven and it was not even a request, they did it on their own. The fresh mootzarella blobs and tomatoes were distributed precisely and evenly, who the fuck is back there making this shit? I don't know but the first thing to do is separate the slices a bit from each other to let it breathe... Almost no liquid gathering between the slices, is there no gravity in this area of the bar... Folded the damn slice and shoved it into my face gash... This was a very nice 'ZA, the crust was a bit crispy and had a effortless pull, with just the perfect amount of chew, how is this possible from this joint... The mozzarella was gooey and stringy enough without gnawing my drywall saw teeths to cut it. This was a very well put together pie... I'm still baffled how this was accomplished here and the other people eating the 'ZA here didn't even give a shit like it was DiGiorno's or something they make in their hand me down toaster oven in their parent's basement. Yeah yeah, I know I'm making this 'ZA sound like it's the best friggin 'ZA I have ever eaten... Shit, mofo, of course not but for a joint like this to be putting out some pretty impressive pies is making me tight in the pants... I get a whiff of the 'ZA and I jizz in my pants.

I hate to put the word out and perhaps ruin a good thing by talking about it... Which we all know will bring in the manscaped hippies... Maybe I should just keep my mouth shut and keep this to my pouch because these bastard sons of a motherless goat don't deserve this 'ZA... Y'all, already ruined Antico years ago with your filthy presence.  

470 Flat Shoals Ave SE
Atlanta, GA 30316
http://argosy-east.com/

2 comments:

chefhelen said...

"Ya'll already ruined Antico with your presence" bahahahahah

Telephone Thing said...

Folks working there are great, but yeah, damn the clientele is an odd sight compared to what EAV used to be like. Dj'd in the back one night, and a patron was asking if I could play Rhiana. I was playing Parliament at that moment in time.....