Thursday, May 10, 2012

Sushi Huku

After seeing Jiro Dreams of Sushi... How could anyone eat really shitty sushi that is in every armpit all over this town? Since, Soto left for a brighter and bigger future in NYC (winning tons of awards in his first year there and not a single one in 13 years here), I had to think real hard on where to get the best selection... Sushi House Hayakawa, Tomo, Shoya, Taka, Nakato, Kang Nam, Hashiguchi, or RA Sushi? Hells to the fucking no (some of those places are pretty good but I wanted only sashimi)... I called up a pal of mine who runs a little bait shop in a desolate area that has some of freshest and more unique stuff around. So, I told Jeh, I was coming in STAT because I was in a real need of a fix like a zombie fixing for brains. Mmm, brains.

When you come here, don't ever ask for a menu or light soy sauce with the green cap (don't be a gaijin), it's insulting (because he has a special shoyu behind the bar)... Just let Jeh do his magic. Just sit down, shut the fuck up and open up your fat trap for all the dericious morsels you're about to eat... Well, in this case you suckaz reading this will only be licking your fish lips. So, now, I'll fuck off and y'all take a gander at this omakase feast...


















































I didn't describe a single thing but I know y'all are jealous as fuck because this shit tastes as good as they look.

This place never disappoints... Is it the best I have ever had? Of course not, but when you add up everything this place has to offer, it's pretty Goddamn good for this town. This spot is truly a hidden gem. It has lasted the test of time thanks to the support of the people with a little more discerning palate that wants something better than the defrosted hacked up sloppy seconds served all over town. 

3.5 Stars.

6300 Powers Ferry Rd NW
Sandy Springs, Georgia 30339
770-956-9559
http://sushihuku.com/

1 comment:

Stephie Z said...

Thanks for putting this on my radar. I love sashimi! Now I know where to eat lunch:)