Thursday, May 24, 2012

Sheik Burritos n Kabobs

I ate here only half a handful of times since they opened. Must admit, I'm surprised that they have lasted this long. Good for them. I'm all for supporting local biznaz. But I kinda miss Da Chicago Dog up in this piece. "Cutting edge Persian/Southwestern Fusion" is what they're all about, whatever that means... But after I slobber down on some of their chow, I'm usually cutting something else and it doesn't take place in the kitchen.

I kinda like this spot, it's cute... The food is so-so but not a bad option for a quick bite if you're around these here parts.

Gusto Guacamole & Chicote Dip, a spicy superlative substance of warm cheeses n exotic eggplant. Chips are decent but the dips, eh.


American Lamb Top Sirloin Kabob. Yeah, doesn't look all that appetizing and it was a bit chewy. Looks so Goddamn lonely on that sizzler plate. Why was it on a sizzler plate? It was cold like the meat. Baffling.



La Camelback - Local Chicken Breast, Feast-N-June, Persian Salsa, Maroon and Gold Beets, Feta, in a Wheat Tortilla. It's a decent helping and I guess it's kinda healthy, Lord knows I need something healthy, but overall, I'm not in love with it. It's just not a craveworthy type of cuisine. Mebbe, if I was stuck in a 3rd world country, I'll think otherwise. But I'm not, so suck it.

This fusion thing just lacks any real flavor. And it's just not this last time but every time I've eaten here. The owner(s) are super nice but we all know where nice guys finish in life... The thing is, I just don't think they can make this type of cuisine any more savory. It's like Jell-O, it is what it is...Unless you add booze and bacon to it. Hmmm, that's an idea...


1 Star.

1877 Piedmont Rd..
Atlanta, GA 30324
404.815.0227
http://www.sheikburritos.com/

No comments: