Monday, May 14, 2012

Bo Bo Garden

Bo Bo turned into Poo Poo. What the hell happened? Well, simple, the cook has been gone for a good bit. He's right down the street back at Coco's Chinese pumping out the same food he used to do when it was called Wan Lai back in the day. His food was pretty good but his stint at Golden House was just shameful. The dim sum sucked ass so bad it made me cry and then purge, but his casseroles were still spot on. But anyways back to Bo Bo's... So, I wanted to see how they were doing since I haven't been back in some time. Now, I know why I stayed away for so long... Always trust the pouch instinct. It's like the Kuato of food.

Beef chowfun. Duh. I love this dish... But not here, anymore. It was good once many moons ago. Now, it's just a study in moppishness. It was so average that even rednecks who ate this would think it wasn't even Chai-Knees food at all. You could tell them it was carbonara and they would believe it... Because I couldn't believe this was my beef chowfun, bastardized.


Sour mustard with sliced beef. Sour mustard is not a dish often ordered or offered. A lot of times it's off the menu.. Like this one. I had to settle for this version since they didn't have pork belly or pork that day. WTF? I doubled checked with them if they had rice just in case or else I woulda hightailed it outta there. So, two beef dishes in one sitting, hmmm. But somehow the sliced beef in this dish was 10 times better than the same beef prepared the same way in the chowfun. But that doesn't make them the #1 son, here today. When Chinos ask for a Chino dish off the menu, don't put Goddamn filler in it. I don't want green and red bell peppers in it like a Panda Express Combo #9. Just give me beef and sour mustard (maybe a little black bean sauce). Period. Besides all that shit, it was acceptable, barely.



Tripe, intestines, blood blah blah blah. The triple B's translates to whatever the fuck they want to put in there because I was hoping for a lot more honeycomb tripe (because they were decent) but this dish was over powered by the rubbery intestines and dry dusty blood filled intestine slices. Don't get me wrong, I love that shit but it has to be prepared right. Gnawing on a piece of intestine for 5 minutes and chewing on chalk dust-esque blood slices is not exactly appealing to the palate. It almost looks like they found hours old scraps in the garbage can, slopped it on a plate and threw it in the nuke box for 45 secs and viola! Flush.

A restaurant's reputation depends on their ability to deliver consistently good food and their ability to retain talent in the kitchen. I hate nothing more than a resto still living off their rave reviews from the past and serving mediocre food in the present by a hack cook. As with Tasty China 1&2 (aka ex-Peter Chang et al), there's really no reason to talk about Bo Bo anymore these days. The food was so boring and lacked any excitement. Even Hong Kong Harbor laughs at them. I wouldn't eat here again unless I broke both my legs in the parking lot and bleeding to death... And that would be a really shitty last meal.

1 Star.

5181 Buford Hwy
Atlanta, GA 30340
(678) 547-1881

No comments: