Sunday, March 25, 2012

Big Tex Cantina

Nothing like seeing your credit card get charged double the following day after a night of sweating out chicken grease from every pore of your body. Mebbe, the Fox twins each swiped it. Who knows but it fucking pissed me off. Ok, if the food blew my mind and pouch I could understand but we all know that this ain't world class nosh. It's get fat fast food. And there's nothing wrong with that... I am fat and it's nice to be in a place where you don't have to be so self conscious about your weight or appearance.

Since, we're gonna be eating like pigs... Why not start out with some healthy deep fried pig skin... Well, this was prolly the healthiest dish I had all night.

Chicharron. Everybody's favorite snack. Who doesn't love swine skin deep fried in fat. The Texas Pete aioli wasn't all that. Come to think of it, just don't even try it cuz it gave me nightmares like that time when a pony at the petting zoo accidentally squirted something out of his 5th leg and a little bit got in my mouth. The horror, the humanity. Nevermind. Y'all go ahead and enjoy that sauce.


Big Tex Southern Fried Chicken, Fox Bros. Mac & Cheese, Frito Pie. Brine for 24 hours and then soaked in buttermilk before frying. Ok, sign me up. I lurv me some fried cheekan, so, if I know the Fox Bros., this dish shouldn't disappoint. And it didn't... But it wasn't the best I've had either. It was crispy and tasty, so, let's just leave it at that. The Frito Pie with the brisket chili served in the chip bag was pretty good, it could use a little more heat and chili, though. The famous Fox Bros. mac & cheese wasn't as good as it used to be, it needed to be more creamier and cheesier. But anything is better than my experience with the mac & cheez at Brown's BBQ... And Big Tex's portions doesn't disappoint either. Those little corn muffins... I didn't know if you're suppose to eat them or use them as suppositories. Either way, they're both going in and then coming right out.


Chicken Fried Steak Sandwich, Roasted Creamed Corn. Yeah, not really a fan of that loaf of bread on either side of that fried meat flap which I guess they call it Texas Toast. I can use that as a pillow for crying out loud. Shit, Rocky Dennis with that ginormous head of his can as well. This visual was shocking at first but the taste was just plain boring. If you're looking to fill your gut like some hobo out in the street, this will do the trick but if you're looking for any kinda of taste, order something else. But my guess is that all the sandwiches pretty much look and taste the same. The cream corn which was worse than usual, it was watery and tasted like gerbil piss.

There were some other items on the table I sampled like the chicken tenders, fries and other standard fried crap like that... Hey, there were white people friends at my table. They were pretty much what you would expect, vanilla. Both, the food and white people.

Hey, the Fox Bros. don't do anything small or anything healthy. If you want big portions, high fat content and a shitload of carbs... You came to the right place. Just don't forget your moo-moo. And double check your credit card the next day and have fun disputing that fraudulent charge. Restaurants are fun. But I won't be coming back to this one.

Burp.

1 Star.

308 West Ponce De Leon Avenue
Decatur, GA 30030
(404) 377-3939
http://www.bigtexdecatur.com/

No comments: