Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Shoya

This has been one of the best and most reliable joints in town since forever... It's barely ITP but I come here more often than their smaller sister location, Ginya, on Northside Drive. I haven't been back to Shoya in many moons... But it's not like they're waiting for the pouch to show up so they can make their weekly numbers. They fucking slay it on a nightly basis no matter what day it is. The pouch's share is just the icing on the taiyaki fish cake for them... Because these motherfuckers have been raking in the Benjamins since they opened and they deserve it... Let's sneak in quietly for an update on how they're doing these days...

Hizzy Wisky. Jesus Christ, look at that pour, it's at least 8 ounces for $6. Me rikey.

Ankimo. Still some of the best monkfish liver, velvety and smooth.

Udon & Tempura. Moist and crispy. Slurp and swallow.

Beef Belly & Tendon. It was mostly all ultra tender belly and no tendon but still good.

Fried Baby Octopus. One of the newer items and they were fucking dericious.

Kibinago Karaage. Like goddamn fries, you just keep eating them on repeat.

Whole Squid. Still one of the classic favorites for the pouch.

Miso Cod. You can't not order this up in this piece, always executed spot on.

Ribeye Steak. I have never ordered this but it came with tater cubes and it was perfect mid rare.

Sausage. These little pudgy snausages are so damn finger licking good that sometimes I can't tell if I'm eating my own fingers or not.

Chicken Karaage. Naturally, these fwied cheekan nuggets will always be on my table.

Soft Shell Crab. Sometimes I want to stuff these in my pants and ask people if they want some tasty crabs.

Beef Tongue. Tender and thinly shaved... Just like the memories of the cheerleaders in high school.. Whom I admired from afar with my new telescope.

Sashimi Deluxe. Always a must have on every visit. It's just a gorgeous spread with a variety of raw fish... Kinda reminds me of the Cheetah.

Fried Shrimp Heads. The best part of these sea roaches.

Jesus Christ, did I fucking order enough dishes or what? I am such a fat fuck and there's no hiding it... But the pouch can hide many things underneath it's pannus flap. Shit, I found a bag of lunch size Fritos in there once... That was kinda embarrassing, you shoulda seen the hooker's face when I pulled my underpants down and a bag of chips falls out. The original izakaya of Atlanta is still killing it after all these years and there's no evidence that they'll be fucking around any time soon... They just slay every motherfucker that comes in nightly, taking names and running them down with dericious grub. Some of the hardest working bastards in this town... And the end product proves it nightly. This has always been on my radar and always will be... Until I say otherwise. But for now, every mook already knows about this joint and how sick the menu is... I don't need to circle jerk them anymore... They are just pumping and squirting on full auto.

6035 Peachtree Rd A101
Doraville, GA 30340
http://www.shoyaatlanta.com/

1 comment:

drummerpop said...

The BEST...love Shoya. Get their Shell Fish Assortment next time - you'll feel a nice warmth spread to your nether regions...