Thursday, May 25, 2017

Ameer's Mediterranean Grill

The fucking Halal Guys are still pissing me off every time I drive by it... They shafted the entire city of Atlanta with their deliberate dumbing down of a NYC classic street grub... They may have tricked the non ex-pats with their low rent mass volume slop but the pouch ain't falling for that banana in the tailpipe ruse. I had such high hopes for a piece of NYC icon to shine in this mossback state... But noooo, they went full retard and all commercial and now it's all about the Benjamins. So, fucking mad still... And, now, I have to resort to going back to the local Medi eateries. Not that they are bad, it's just a been there done that kinda deal... I go to Waikikie from time to time for a SPAM musubi when I'm too lazy to make them at home and noticed that I haven't been to Ameer's in many many moons... I remembered it was pretty decent on my last visit and now, I need to make a revisit and see how they're doing these days... It's basically the same set up, nothing has changed and that awful wrap around painting of the beach and the village scene in the middle of the desert is still as gaudy as fuck like before... I love it. Makes me want to eat a shawarma on the backside of a sand dune... Riding on a camel.
Ok, let's just dip our cameltoes right into this joint and order a bunch of shit and see where they stand these days... All I can taste right now is that nasty after taste from The Halal Guys even weeks if not months later. Bringing up bad memories again... Can this place erase the smut from my taste buds of old with some tasty grubs of new... Let's go find out.

Fatayer, spinach pie with herbs, spices, and lemon. Ok, does this looks like it belongs in one of those new camel toe underpants every women is raving about... I kinda want one, too. If you attach a toilet paper roll on the back of it, it could be a home made fleshlight... Did I say that out loud? Nevermind. So, I split that labia majora V pie in half to inspect and smell the goods inside before I put my tongue on it... I mean you gotta practice safe cunilingus with all the bad health scores out there these days. This was pretty tasty, I would actually eat this out on a nightly basis... Nice crust and the filling was flavorful even though it's vagintarian.

Fried Eggplant Salad, garlic, spices, and herbs. Where's the tortilla chips, ese? There was so much middle eastern pico de gallo on top, that it overshadowed the eggplant underneath it... But once you push all that salsa aside the eggplant was pretty good. I liked it, it was a nice little herby salad but I wouldn't order this again as a whole item, it should really be on the side in a combo or entree.

Kebi, cracked wheat and lean meat stuffed with lamb and pine nuts deep fried. Look at these gorgeous mountain oysters from Mount Parnassus. Jesus, if I had a set of these babies in my cameltoe underpants, who knows what I could accomplish in the world... But all I got are a couple of tic tacs, no wonder I have no life or gender identity and cry myself to sleep every night. But these golden fried balls of mince meat were crunchy on the outside and delicate and flavorful on the inside.

Combo #2, chicken kabob, beef & lamb shawarma, falafel, hummus, tomato pickle parsley salad, Arabic rice. They have a few combo plates that gives you a decent amount of feed for a decent amount of loot. I got the one that had a nice variety of shit on it. I tell you what, all the proteins were executed pretty spot on and flavorful. This is prolly your best bet if you want a nice portion of food.. But of course, the pouch eats like it's having quintuplets, so I usually order enough food to feed the entire Brady bunch plus da pouch. 

Pita. The combo also gives you a giant pita, too, to make your own sando... The quality of the pita is pretty decent.

Kufta Kabob, Humus, garlic spread, tomatoes, onions, and tahini. It ain't gonna win any beauty contests but beauty is only a light switch away... Trust me, the pouch has eaten some nasty ass shit in the dark and liked it...  I mean look at this creasture, it either looks like a turd sando or a monkfish with head injuries. But the kufta was full of spices, moist and firm with a nice bite to it. Why do people hate the word moist? I get moist just thinking about Popeyes. This also came with some regular old brown bag steak fries... For a quick lunch, this steak tube pita sando will do.

"Baklawa", pecans, walnuts, and spices. You would think with all the tasty shit that was had earlier that a baklava would not be some kinda difficult thing for them to make right but this was just ok... It was too moist.. Oh, shit, that word keeps popping up at the end of this ridiculous post. I kinda prefer the filo to be crisp and flaky and the filler to be smooth and moist.... I think they watered down the honey binder because it was just too wet overall... Or maybe it has been sitting around for quite some time and it just naturally broke down with age... Jesus, I sound like I'm talking about myself. No wonder I cry myself to sleep so often.

This joint still has what it takes to stick around for awhile... As long as they keep up the quality and consistency. Is it craveworthy enough to be one of the best intown? Prolly the fuck not but for a local Medi joint, it's pretty solid and doable in a slutty kinda way... I would do this putana again. Shit, I ain't picky... You can't be when you're as rotund as the pouch.

2168 Briarcliff Rd NE
Atlanta, GA 30329
http://www.ameersmediterranean.com/

No comments: