Friday, May 1, 2015

Shuko

NYC has some of the best sushi joints on the entire planet... The heavy hitters are always fully booked and the wait list could be months in advance. Somehow the pouch always gets lucky and was able to slip into a thin time slot which is quite impressive given how wide I am. Fat people just don't slide into anything that is smaller than a stretched limo. This joint is one of those heavy hitters... The chefs are veterans of Neta and before that, both ran Masa and Bar Masa. That is pretty fucking impressive, yo. I expect nothing less than perfection from their prefecture. As with many of the top notch sooshee joints, there is no menu just a couple different levels of prix fixe menus... You got the Omakase for $135 or the Sushi Kaiseki for $175. There are no words for this feast, only shittily shot pictures from a fat drunk's phone cam... Take a gander.

The door... I hope it's to a bathroom because this fat fuck needs to drain the pipe!

This space is the place to be.

Mochi.

Cucumber and Dungeness Crab.

Toro Tartare and Caviar.

Salmon with Roe and Shrimp.

Warm Lobster with Bacon, was suppose to come with black truffles... Fucked again.

Veggie Tempura.

Duck Leg Confit.

Daishi.

Fishy.

More fishies.

You guessed it... Mo' fisheries.

Fish -N- Rolls... Like the ones around my muffin top.

Roll me the fuck over, I'm dunzo... So G U U D.

Apple Pie and Ice Cream... Applebee's?

This meal-a-thon was pretty damn tasty, I just don't get the Gaijinized apple pie and ice cream at the end, though... But don't worry, I still rammed it down my throat. The price for this spectacular isn't too bad but somehow we ended up with a four figure tab... I guess it was all those bottles of ultra marked up sake and beer. Fuck me, it was still worth it.

Burp.

47 E 12th St.
New York, NY 10003
212-228-6088
http://www.shukonyc.com/

No comments: