Monday, May 4, 2015

Grubby Little Fat Fingaz

The pouch has been on a tear lately... Tearing up grub far and near, along with another new asshole from the amount of slop consumed. Where the fuck is the Pepto and Prep H when you need it...

Chicago Supermarket.
Chile Relleno, Cabeza, Lengua, Tripa. I love the taqueria inside this Latino mercado that has nothing to with the name of the place. They said that so many people call them and ask for products from Chicago.. They're like "que?". If you're looking for a dog that's been dragged through the garden, you won't find it here. But you will find some super tasty and cheap Mexi grub made by real Mexicans. This shit is like heaven to me. Even though this place has been around for years, not many non-Latinos come through here. Good. Let's keep it that way. If I find a fucking hard shell taco with lettuce and shredded queso in here one day, I'm gonna go Postales, amigos.

Lightly dressed. The one thing that I love here is the totally radical chile relleno taco. These fuckers will put anything in a tortilla... Bless their hearts. In the good way. The lengua were meaty tender pieces. Cabeza melted in your boca. Tripa were crispy little rings to unite them all. The relleno was el jefe up in this joint.

Glamour shot... Tasty little stuffed relleno. This beauty almost made me wanna take it home, play some Barry White and make sweet like to it. Why not sweet love you ask? Because love is for suckaz.

Horchata. This was the real deal home made shit scooped out of a giant plastic repurposed tub... Anyone remember the scene- "Vicki, can I help you with that Kool Aid, please..." Besides, stirring it with their arms, it was a real tasty horchata.


Corner Pub.
Nashville Hot Pork Chop Sando. Look, it ain't no Nashville Hot Cheekan but it was decently executed. It was pretty tasty, I ate the whole thing, so that's a good sign. The collards were ultra peppery.

Monte Cristo. Cute play off the croque monsieur variant. While it wasn't bad, I think once is enough for a life time on this brunch item.


Grub Burger Bar.
Guacapotle. Guacamole does nothing for cheezburgaz.. Absolutely nothing. But the burga was spot on medium rare and still pretty tasty. I think the buns have gotten better here too... They supposedly bake it in house.

Harlem Chicken Tenders. I love fried cheekan but damn, these ghetto tenders are craveworthy. The light airy crispy batter outside and bubbly hot love juice inside... Sounds like a whore I pay dated once. She still owes me money for services not rendered, bitch. I'll just cry myself to sleep with a pouch load of these chicks instead. 

Worms and Dirt. Crushed Oreos and gummi worms in hanspun soft serve ice cream. I love it when the staff daydreams and makes an extra order... Can you say right place at the right time? Too bad I ate like two bites and I was dunzo with it. Desserts, ice creams, sweets just really ain't my thing.


Kimball House.
Caviar Service. UGA Caviar? Who knew... This was an impressive spread. Came with all the fun stuff to make your own little concoction. The mother of pearl spoon is a classy touch.


Corner Tavern.
Tavern Club. Served on a hoagie roll... That's a first. Who makes a sub and call it a club sandwich. I guess this place does.. Bless their hearts. If you're drunk and hungry, this will do. The tater tots needs a few more minzies in the fryer, the turd nuggets was too soft and falling apart.


Marlay House.
Fried Green Tomatoes. Pretty bland and tasteless version of the Southern classic. And it was sitting on lettuce that was brown and slimy. What do you expect at an Irish pub... Good food? C'mon, people, get with da program.


Napoleon's.
Fried Chicken. I always wondered how their fried cheekan would be.. Well, here it is. Drizzled in honey. First bite, very crunchy crust, not too thick, but not thin either. The honey obviously gave it a sweetness to it. I prefer my cheekan not sweet, though. But the mostly white meat chicken was acceptable. Did you expect dark meat for this crowd? C'mon. Not a bad showing, but not on my list of best fried cheekan either.

Shrimp & Grits. As you can see, it ain't a very purdy presentation. It almost looks like a stew/soup. Grits were scarce on the bottom, the shrimp was a lil chewy and the cream-esque sauce was just too overwhelming. Skip this and get something else.


Fork In The Road Chicken & Tap.
Fried Chicken. Made to order. I must admit this is some of the best fried cheekan I have had in this town. And in a place that is not much talked about. The crust is medium thin and crispy, pulls apart nicely and the all dark meat flesh was juicy and full of flavor. Damn good cheekan and damn good price.

Burger. Doesn't look too shabby. The melted cheese makes it look kinda plastic. Let's cut this bitch up and see what's inside. The sweet creamed cornbread was sizable but it was just ok.

Look at that color... Pedophiles might even get excited over all that pink inside. I requested mid-rare and they complied. The burger is not bad at all. The bun held together well but the patty wasn't all that juicy/greasy, it was a pretty lean burger.

NY Cheesecake with Strawberry. Oh, how dare they serve a NY Cheesecake in ATL... No way this can be good. Junior's it ain't but overall, it wasn't too shabby. I would be on the fence about getting this again.


Chinese Dhaba.
Chicken General Tso's Sauce. For shits and giggles, I had to get some take out from here. Was curious about their version of Indian General Tso's... Curiosity killed the cat. Wait, it might have been cat. This looks more like a hot and sour soup with meat chunks instead of the Americanized dish we all know and love. It wasn't spicy and was pretty much cloying from start to end.

Chicken Bullet Dry (Chef's favorite). I'm wondering if this chef has no tongue. Look at this and tell me what is wrong with this... Oh, yeah, it looks totally unappetizing. I have seen wet cat food with more appeal. Spicy this was not. I'm beginning to think anything with a red chili next it on the menu is just for show.

Hakka Noodles. Finally, something that looks half way decent and edible. It was acceptable but it was totally bland. I don't get why other cuisines have to do a fusion with Chinese food... It's like the Kosher Chinese food stall (Chai Peking) inside the Toco Hills Kroger. I just don't get it.


How can one pouch eat so much? This is ridiculous... Time to nap and then eat again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We really like Fork in the Road. So much stuff we haven't tried all of it.

I love the creamy corn bread, but it is a sweet style, maybe your's was a tad under cooked (from the photo).

~mindspringyahoo