Friday, November 15, 2013

Paper Plane

The Victory crew know their shit. They know their demographics. They know their product. And they know how to deliver that product well. But what about doing a more upscale joint, not fine dining by any means, but something more refined than their tasty sandwiches and frozen boozy slushies... That's where this place comes in. The space is not big but their cocktail menu is bold. The cocktails are well made, I can vouch for that since I have some experience in drinking, a lot... Not that anyone notices. But what about the menu? Sometimes you just don't want a sandwich and crave something more substantial... Time to take a few bites.

Octopus Terrine. My eyeballs focused right on the word octopus and it was on. Octo tentacles were tender and not chewy at all which surprised me. Good job on this dish.

Cauliflower Soup. Velvety and soothing on a chilly night to prevent colds. Helps coat the throat, good for broads that like culinary oral pleasures... Or fellatio, which is a good thing, too.

Lamb Belly. Inhaled this lamb pouch up in like 5 seconds. Belly melts in your mouth. Very tasty dish. Pouch inside pouch happy. I'm like a haggis.

Brussels Sprouts. I know kale is the big hard-on for restos these days but I still lurv me some simple, roasted sprouts.. Good stuff.

Pavlova. Very interesting that they are doing this obscure dessert... But I like it that they are. These guys are always surprising people with the little things.

There's a lot of hipsters flocking to this cozy joint to see and be seen but the drinks are what I come here for but the food is pretty damn good as well... I have to come back for steak night and more cocktails of course.

340 Church St
Decatur, GA 30030
404-377-9308
http://www.the-paper-plane.com/

No comments: