Monday, November 12, 2012

Sushi Huku

There are only a handful of sushi joints that are worthy of the pouch's discerning taste... Wait, who am I kidding? I'm a fat slob and I'll eat anything that's put in front of my snout. But seriously, this place is just plain good. Quality ingredients, fresh and vibrant, doesn't mean shit if the cook can't prepare it correctly. Luckily, Huku has the talent to deliver outstanding dishes time and time again. I fucking love this joint.

I met up once again with some friends that know a thing or thirty about cooking good food to feast on some sooshee... And let me tell ya, Jeh delivered yet again another killer meal. Take a gander, suckaz...

Soft Shell Crab. Everyone should get crabs... This kind at least.

Ebi Shitake. Shrooms stuff with shrimp and deep fried? Ah, fuck, pweez.

Hamachi Kama. This was a little weak on the size and cut but still tasty.

 Gyutan Shio. French kissed the fuck outta this tongue.

Tai. Red Snapper. You can also have sex with this snapper... In theory.

 Fried Shrimp Heads. This shit never gets old. Crunchy brains and eyeballs. Yum.

Sashimi. Look at this sick ass spread. Too much to list. Fucking kick ass!

 Teba Shio. Grilled wings... Only weak dish of the night.

Otoro. Lightly scorched and amazing.

Uni with Japanese kelp roll and roe. Killer flavor combination.

Holy Mackerel! Look at the size of this thing.

Shima Aji fried bones. My favorite way to end the feast.

One of the best sushi places for traditional (dare I say authentic? fuck yeah!) Japanese grub even though it's Korean owned. But Jeh does an incredible omakase and don't forget to ask about the special shoyu and wasabi root. Sick.

Just go... Now. Or not. I don't care, more soosh for me.

Weeeeeeee! Oink oink.

4 Stars.

6300 Powers Ferry Rd NW
Atlanta, GA 30339
(770) 956-9559
http://www.sushihuku.com/

No comments: