Monday, November 5, 2012

Scoreboards Bar & Grill

I came to get some Community Q... But I saw this creasture in the corner of my eyeball instead and it called out to me or maybe I'm just a glutton for punishment. I had an obligation to find out what the scoop is... For my one reader.

You walk in... It's depressing as fuck. The handful of patrons inside... Looked like extras that just got killed off in The Walking Dead, still in costume. Mind you, it's a Sunday and prime time for football... But it was so quiet, you could hear a supermodel fart. There's one bartender/waitress in some second hand wannabe sleazy referee uniform that was 2 sizes too small for her and it was a large. I don't want to see anything in sequins hanging off her gourd shaped ass let alone the words "Juicy" spelt out in it. I just puked a lil in mouth. The manager/owner was dressed like, either, he just came from church or from Boulevard. You shoulda seen the size of the gold ring he was wearing (he should have a website just for that ring alone like the guy from Buckhead Bottle Bar)... They don't give that shit out unless you have a strong pimp hand. But nevermind all that.. Just give me a drink and some grub.

There's no lack of TV's in here but the decor/build out was cheap and amateur like some bad ghetto club trying to look chic. Wires and shit were all exposed and dangling above the bar. Classy. Asked for a sweet tea, they were out of it. Asked for a couple different types of beer, both out. Asked for a Fat Tire on draft... No problem, except that it was a draft from a bottle and tepid. Whatever. At this point, I'll settle for warm piss from a goat's teat. Just give me the menu... Holy shit, this almost put me to sleep and I'm still on the first page. Did you give me the kids' menu by mistake? Oh, that's the real menu, ok. Look, just give me a friggin burger medium-rare and wings naked with your hottest sauce on the side. You do have burgers and wings right? This is a sports bar I assume by the name or will there be dancers coming up from the dungeon aka "event space". Whatever you do, do not bring a black light down there if you value your mental well being and eyesight.

After watching a few different games on the tube... I realized I had ordered food about 35 minutes ago. Hmmm, wonder why it's taking so long to deep fried a few pieces of ghetto pigeons arms and smash an ALPO patty on the flat top. Not one of the 5 people in there had put in a food order, so what could it be? When it finally came out about 40 mins later, I was given the excuse, "We don't pre-cooked our wings like all the other places.". What kinda wings were these? And do I really want to eat them...

SCOREBOARD BURGER. Looks like your plain Jane vanilla ice burga patty. It was cooked to temp but it was tasteless. No seasoning whatsoever. I like white onions but not raw on a burger as with red onions. The fries were total garbage. Oil logged as if they were sitting at the bottom of the fryer while it was coming up to temp. Limp, oily and a hint of rancidity. The tiny sprinkling of dried parsley around the lip of the plate a la Emeril did nothing to whet my appetite, either. It was borderline edible at best... That's if you can even finish half of this thing.

MVP WINGS. These were the wings on steroids that took 40 mins to cook... In a deep fryer. They were not bad. Your standard issued wings about the same level as a Chino take-out joint you find at any gas station in the southside. Hot sauce was Frank's straight from the jug. It's passable in a ghetto fabu kinda way. But nothing I ever want to wait or come here for ever again.

This was probably the worse sports bar I have ever stepped foot into. The atmosphere, service, menu, drinks were so deplorable that even Moe's & Joe's laughs at them. My best guess is that this place will last as long as my sabbatical from Popeyes. How can they think a half-assed sports bar upstairs and a skanky club downstairs will ever work in this space and part of the town? If they opened a funeral palor, no one would die.

Time for some good BBQ next door...

No Rating.

1371 Clairmont Rd NE
Decatur, GA 30033
(404) 633-6692
 www.scoreboardsbarandgrill.com

3 comments:

Josh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Josh said...

WTF do you have against Moe's and Joe's?

Gastronome said...

M&J's is light years ahead of this place. It's more of a sports bar than this place ever will be in it's soon to be short lived life. I lurv M&J's.